Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What community thinks would bring more population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galian, Jul 14, 2017.

?

What do you think that would bring more players to RoA?

1. Bug fixes, and UI improvements

31 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Aligment system revamp

48 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. Proffesion specialization

44 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Loot Table revamp

22 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Tune combat skills

36 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Armor and weapon dye mechanics

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Deployable vendors

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Add more content (sand in the box)

147 vote(s)
    85.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rukus98

Rukus98 Goblin Scout
    Hero

If you don't know what people want when they say content then you aren't listening.

2. Beasty

Beasty Goblin Scout

That is the most disappointing answer a "dev" can give, a cop out answer. If you don't know what content to add to your game, then this game is in trouble.

3. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

He never once stated that we don't know what needs to be added or what some users want to be added, he was commenting on users stating to "add content" but never adding anything further then that. We do listen and read all forum feedback, the more detailed/explained suggestions are the most beneficial. Simply stating "add content" does not give us any information on exactly what you would want to see.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend

People saying "Content isnt a thing" and "Add More Content means nothing, give examples" are the kind of people who should never or have never worked in the gaming industry. For a company to look at a butt ton of players saying "Add More Sand" and go, "That isnt a thing" is being lazy. Add more content IS a thing, it means your players are unhappy with the current amount of things to do in the game. it is BPG's responsibility to design and create this content, NOT the players. The correct response from BPG should NEVER be "Content isn't a thing, people just asking for more content will be ignored"! It should be "We realize that we released this game without adding basically anything new to do and the current things to do in this game are 80% player created only and we are working very hard to create new and innovative things to do". Then after making this statement they should actually add things. This player vendor bullshit here and minor tweaks there is garbage. Patches released with server crashes and bugs that cause players to lose shit in a full loot pvp game where losing shit legitimately is hard enough and then telling them this new and improved and shiny persistence system doesnt have the appropriate info to help them get that stuff back.....

The PVE in this game is dispicable, the crafting in this game is created by 3 year olds with crayons on the side of a cardboard box and everything is designed to punish the player RANDOMLY. Wanna craft something? Ok how about we randomly fail it 5 times in a row and remove 6k worth of gold from you for no apparent reason. Don't like skinning fails? Ok how about instead of it saying it failed we leave it exactly how it is and change that half the time it says you didnt actually fail, that instead this bear you skinned is running around in the woods without its hide. Want to smelt ore or cut wood at 99% effective success rate? Ok here is 6 fails in a row, thanks for playing and hope you enjoyed our content! Grind and fails are NOT content. They are a means to an end only. I would have no issue grinding if it didnt just end up where all i can do is trade back and forth gear bags to the same guys over and over.

So far i havent seen anything that impresses upon me that this team is doing anything more than modding a private server of another companies game to a mediocre at best degree. When they were in Beta i would think to myself, they are working full time jobs and doing this on the side, they are working on broken shit AV sold them and they are likely having issues figuring it out and fixing any of it. That ship has now sailed. This game took our money and then apparently didn't hire anyone on to finish the job in a reasonable amount of time. I'm currently working for a small studio in the same fashion as these guys are. I work a full time job then i come home and put 80 hours a month into a game project. If i turned out the amount of work these guys turned out i would be fired, done deal. As it stands if i don't create entirely new systems from scratch at a rate of at least one large system a month i will lose my job. Last month was a bunch of fixes for an engine update and an entire building system from scratch including systems for allowing content creators to make recipes and for players to be able to build bits and pieces of the buildables as the materials become available to them. The month before was a ladder system and an entire monster spawning system from the ground up with the ability for content creators to create, add and modify any and all spawns at will plus lots of other features to remove server side load when not required. That is one person working part time on a schedule where i get the boss breathing down my neck because he wants to go to alpha testing before i was even hired. He says i want X Content, i come up with the design and implementation and then create and test it in part time hours. These guys have more "Developers" than my studio has. The progress here is horrible. I feel bad that they took on this broken game with this toxic community, myself included, but that is the hand they chose to play.

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Eodrin
    Legend

For me its none of those

I want a meaningful political/siege/ territory system

Plus a meaningful race war/ warfront system

I also realized DF NEEDS local banking and most instant travel removed

Gear should matter more and scale more to where cheap ass robe/blackbolt makes one far less potent offensively and high rank metal armor makes one a bit stronger defensively but potentially a bit less offensively

I also think there should be higher tiers of bone armor and leather armor that provide more benefits than just protections

I think magnitude should scale far more with spells than it currently does

I want Naval patrols and combat to have a purpose and objectives (this ties in with local banking and territory controls)

I want non combat primary players to be able to play the game as a crafter or trader or even an item transporter

Almost all items should be player crafted, repairable at a cost to max dura, and lose effectiveness the lower the durability

Extremely rare and powerful 1 time use item recipes and components should be added as drops to boss mobs and fire dragons/krackens/ demons

The siege and village system need to be totally redone (I have good ideas in mind if the Devs ac care)

Players should be allowed to visit taverns or ships that provide gold gambling activities like poker, chess, blackjack, roulette ect. Even better if you can give a few players the ability to run their own

I want guild flags/ tabards, a guild/ alliance tax system, benefits unlocked for being in a clan or allied long term, a siege/alliance system redone to prevent or discourage guild hopping/ temporary nutcupping

Penalties for scroachers killed by anyone involved on either side of a sieged holdings territory during an active siege

Rewards for anyone who murders AND ganks a scroach during the siege. Perhaps a gold amount taken from the scroatch players bank OR add an npc to turn in the head of a ganked scroach during a siege for a bounty. Whatever gold amount is given as a bounty the ganked player MUST pay off in order to not get zapped by npc towers or to be able to use wilderness portals

Again the necessity of local banking and bindstone/ rune recall removal comes into play if u want to fix the siege/ political system

Open world portals could arguably stay BUT they should require a tax to use

There is plenty more but seeing as how the Devs disagree with my vision im not going to bother atm

Brown Dorf, Rukus98 and Prodigy_Burn like this.
  6. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Reduce the fucking grind. You know why survival pvp games with full loot succeed? Because the grind isn't horrendous like this. EVERYTHING in this game is a damn grind. Full loot and atrocious grind/farming don't mix. Shit has been said over and over again but vets defend this system that failed twice and bpg only listens to vets while the shit is dying. "there is no grind".. lmao ok you and the 200 or so actives left agree i guess. smh. Albion tomorrow boys. Even less new players. Should have learned after 2 fails.. the game is literally the same as it was before it died minus UI changes and some QOL improvements. Simply not enough.

#146 Zeiken, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    MikeJT and The Cannibal like this.
  7. Mycke

Mycke Black Knight

Though Kilrain and I bump heads a fair amount I have to back him in this regard, 'content' means different things to different people, someone want new pvp hot spots and others fluff, some want more interesting PvE and others new crafting, its all content and different people want different things.

Fengor likes this.
  8. Korag

Korag Cairn Giant
    Hero

I agree to a point, but Content is content and at this point adding multiple options of content to appease all types of players is a good idea, they have tons of good content ideas at this point they just need to start adding them.

kilrath81 likes this.
  9. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Deadeye
    Hero

Can we get more incentive for ship battles? 2 SeaTowers with long ass cool downs leave alot to be desired. What are the cons for adding in 2 more towers, one east and one west side?

Can we get custom/engravable jewelry, I have a fall wedding going to happen. Can I get more craftable type banners and flags - something to decorate with? It is great we are eventually going to see dyes, but what about more clothing options in general. Have you seen some of the pretty awsome looking robe varieties on NPCs? What about the scantily armored NPC chic in Humanlands, where do I get her outfit?
    How hard would it be to make it so we could name our mounts? I would like a hug emote. I would like more emotes in general.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Will add more as I remember things that I have been thinking for years about.

M ~

Korag likes this.
  10. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Goblin Warrior

Sad to say the game launched too early.

sky, Kwatos, Rukus98 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rukus98

Rukus98 Goblin Scout
    Hero

Yeah, definitely no grind in survival full loot pvp games. Ark is basically the most successful one of that genre and the grind is literally infinite.
    --- Post updated ---
    It doesn't matter if content means different things to different people, specifically. It matters that the developers realize that people want THINGS TO DO added to the game. It's up to the developers to design THINGS TO DO. It's not my job to lay it out for them, it's their job to design and implement it so that I can enjoy it in return for my subscription fee. The players don't owe the developers anything, and seeing them play Aventurine level semantics with their playerbase is really disheartening.

kilrath81 and Mea Kulpa like this.
  12. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Content. Its pathetic how lacking in content the BPG road map is. Isn't really anything to look forward to and active pop is already in decline. I don't see a single thing on the road map that gives me hope. Don't get me wrong, some of it sounds pretty neat but none of it is the kind of thing that is going to make people want to log in again. Half the time I log in anymore there isn't a single thing to do that doesn't require hours of fucking around get get maybe 20 minutes of fun, so I log out and play other games.

TLDR BPG added a fuck load of tedium and zero meaningful content = ded gaem.

13. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

No idea how people even play that pile of shit
    This.

Kwatos likes this.
  14. MikeJT

MikeJT Spellgazer
    Supporter

I think if they added some variety to the way different mobs actually fight it'd be great.

Consider goblins. Not particularly strong, still dangerous to noobs or in great numbers.

Goblins are just tall enough that their heads poke out of the long grass (assuming you haven't turned vegetation off).

Force vegetation so people can't see a crouching goblin, then give goblins the ability to crouch walk and make them disappear into the grass and try to flank you if their health gets low. Goblins baiting you into an ambush in long grass would be awesome and actually add some variety to the way different mobs fight.

Raptors are another one which could do with an AI upgrade. They should hide, disappear, wait for the player to turn their back, lunge at you, work together to distract the player whilst another sneaks up, etc.

It should totally be like...

Of course that'd require extensive AI programming but it would definitely add a lot of interest.

15. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

They should add more quests with better rewards. They should add more dungeons, theres tons of black buttholes on the map that could be dungeons. Better stuff to do on the ocean with boats, the ocean is massive and basically empty except for krakens. Shorten the timers on VCPs since thats basically where all the pvp is now. Shorten sea tower timer.

Mea Kulpa, Korag and MikeJT like this.
  16. MikeJT

MikeJT Spellgazer
    Supporter

I always thought the mine looking entrance thingies should be actual mines. Full of regular ore nodes and maybe like a mini-city-mine down the bottom which has a high chance to drop rares. That'd generate a lot of PvP and it'd give a new opportunity for close quarters combat which is lacking in this game.

Maybe the occasion random mob could spawn inside.

Brown Dorf and Mea Kulpa like this.
  17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend

[​IMG]

18. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Infernal
    Tester

You know what's crazy, no one has been shit talked for being bad or having the wrong idea thus far in this thread. Must mean Dupe Rats loud vocal minority have left the game to go to Albion. Maybe the devs will actually read this without a forum clan spamming down everyone with insults.

Battle Smurf and Mycke like this.
  19. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

Insults toward BPG don't count? :(

20. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Infernal
    Tester

I think the whole matter comes down too, placating the loud vocal minority whom of which are simply looking out for their own ego first before anything else was never the right move. Who the hell would ever want to play this game when they are the lowest person on the totem pole, will remain so for quite a long time (steep learning curve), and will be perpetual victims to the same class of players for a very long time?

No one would... the community as a whole can't protect them effectively enough... the game doesn't protect them effectively.. their grind to become competitive becomes dramatically hindered by the people who care little of newbies and is incredibly demoralizing to them.

Then you got mods like MWTaylor declaring that people are witch hunting, when self admitted hackers in that same thread are publically admitting to duping/radaring.

Need to stop trying to appease those people, they are not the future imo.