Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Village Timer Tweaks

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by GromWillmoor, Nov 14, 2017.

1. GromWillmoor

GromWillmoor New Member
    Supporter

Hi, right now the villages all go live at the same time since everyone just caps them instantly and they are basically on the same timer all around. What I suggest is to have that when the village is capped have the time be randomly go live next between 4-6 hours so all villages aren't on the same timer and allows people to go to more than one village and get more fights and more chances to capture more than one. Just a quick idea I thought to throw out there.

Sameog, The Red King and Korag like this.
  2. Korag

Korag Oak Lord
    Hero

Jman did it

3. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Goblin Warrior

You are a genius. Really that would be perfect. Please do this for tomorrow. It may sound like it, but I'm not trolling.

4. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Think this could be good though think the time to cap needs to be longer so ppl can't just hit and run from villages which is a big reason why they get synced up. Feel that sometimes those who would contest is just barley too late, because it can be capped too fast. Even if its off set and first village isn't capped for the first 30 mins, and then 2 groups head out one a few mins before the other, would once again bump into an issue of someone getting there fast enough to cap and move on to next village when that first village even if it wasn't capped initially would had have pvp if the time frame was expanded. Would give for more time for ppl to intercept them and that alone would mix up timers more that were synced up from ppl just taking villages back to back uncontested in a fast pace. Think the window of getting in and out is an issue that even if not off set, would off set timers when theres more time for it to be contested.

Think maybe 1000 could be a good number, 1500 could be aswell but I'd feel that it would be the most points I'd figure could be. Right now if people aren't there quickly there isn't a realistic way contest the village that has 3 capture points capped for a couple mins, in some cases even if you .5 another guy u still have to cap the rest of the point for him to not keep gaining more point than u per tick and capture takes some time before preventing more ticks. On a 600 point counter just feels like its too little to leave much room for people to reverse the capture.

My first thoughts were that maybe it would be better to have that set amount of capture points that is reduced back to 0 and counted back up for youe side, or slowed down when counting up if you only have 2 and someone else has one. Would bring in the element of stalemating the progress of capture if 3 way, slowing down the counter back to +1 per tick for the group that has 2 capture points, 3rd contested, aswell as an element of taking longer to cap because another group has points remaining on counter after you take all 3 points.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #4 Donaddor Lightbringer, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Korag likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Black Knight
    Staff Member BPG Representative

There's changes to villages coming this patch. We're going to be heavily increasing the capture time as it is far too short for the intended effect. We're also currently testing a new anti naked mechanic for villages to encourage people to gear up for better rewards and captures. It will also discourage alt usage.

More information coming out soon on the overall patch notes.

KingLlama, The Red King and Sameog like this.
  6. Shivs

Shivs Deadeye

I may be missing something Donnador, but the reason people are late for a village capture is mostly because they are travelling from the last one they captured.

So your proposing a longer capture time to allow one group to move from village to village ?

7. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

To allow for more time for people to combat them for the village. Alot of times even if you could wipe the group the timer still ticks over for them too fast because it only has to count up to 600. So you don't have to be too late in a sense but quickly become too late because you can't just hop on the points without fighting them, and fighting them takes time which can be easily enough time for that person to just win the village, even if they go hard on you and fight only last a couple of mins.

8. Korag

Korag Oak Lord
    Hero

yes so that more opportunity for fights can happen

9. Volfen

Volfen Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Adding a couple minutes to capture timer would be good, but don't take it too far to where it takes 10+ minutes of sitting afk in an uncontested VCP please.
    It'd be nice if village live timers were more staggered in some way, so that there's a higher likelyhood that there's a VCP to go cap within the 30-60 minutes of playtime that a casual player might have.

Andrew likes this.
  10. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Maybe have it to where if all villages are capped the next one to go live gets knocked down to like 30 mins, maybe 15. Maybe have it circle to the nearest village if there isn't a village going live soon after its capped so its not too far from last location, tho just thought of it and not sure about how it would play out ultimately. Could also make mid map villages go live every 1-2 hours but just a thought.

Sameog and Korag like this.
  11. Sameog

Sameog Goblin Warrior
    Legend

These are all great ideas, I have not been happy with the village timers. There should always be a village somewhere that is going live within 20 minutes.

12. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

We've already changed it for next patch so 5/6 villages go live every hour.

The Red King, Andrew, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  13. Shivs

Shivs Deadeye

Every village gets taken, so there is an opportunity for a fight at everyone, just not one after another, after another as you work your way around the map, the original premise behind the villages going live, a lot at the same time, was to stop them being elite or zerg group "only" content putting off the normal player who hopes for some small pvp encounter.

I normally get 6 in a play session, half I get a fight, half are uncontested, thankfully, as my win to lose ratio would make me stop going otherwise :-0

Dixie Normus and Slayven like this.
  14. Korag

Korag Oak Lord
    Hero

ya and that is the point of the thread right? to make them more contestable more fights per village or least more of a chance for it to happen

15. GromWillmoor

GromWillmoor New Member
    Supporter

Well Its good to hear changes are already in the next patch, Thanks Devs <3