Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Unexpected error launching EAC

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheWarden, Apr 15, 2017.

1. TheWarden

TheWarden New Member
    Hero

How do i fix this error?

2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have any other games that are using EAC open at the same time you are installing/running darkfall?

Can you please screenshot the error and send it to me in a private message. Without look at it i would say something went wrong when downloading EAC and you may need to reinstall. Here is the latest lobby - https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/download/ you might be able to just run that again and install EAC again through that lobby.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Gust

Gust New Member
    Tester

Same error for me, im trying a full download / reinstall / patch to see if it will fix it. I have avast and it did flag something originally as malware, so im disabling Avast entirely for the duration to see if it will fix the problem.

4. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Fire Elemental
    Legend

I had this happen to me and fixed it by reinstalling the launcher with the latest one from the website.

5. Wasarion

Wasarion New Member
    Tester

I get this message to.
    " Undefined: ErrorStartingEAC
    Reinstalled the lobby like suggested above.
    During the EAC part of the install i see no problem.
    Any suggestions to a solution? Wouldbe nice to try play the game. :)

6. Bloodscar

Staff Member

The folders should looke like this - https://puu.sh/vmEUI/20fdbbf704.png

If you have having that error something went wrong in the installation, could be permissions issue with the folder but the data is not installing in the data folder but in the main folder. Delete every 0kbs files and state.sfs then load up the lobby and admin and it should patch just fine. If the issue persist I would then delete everything RoA related and do a fresh install to a different directory.

7. Nachtmyn

Nachtmyn Goblin Shaman
    Hero

I don't represent BPG or EAC... But I do know that a lot of internet security and virus/malware detection systems will block EAC from executing some scripts... Try disabling real-time monitoring on third party security software during play time. There is also a possibility of being installed under quarantined conditions in windows defender (Windows 8.0-10), Navigate and add exceptions to the executable scripts.

Noted offenders: Avast! Internet Security, MalwareBytes, McAfee. Norton can be bypassed at install prompt. "Allow execution" options.

Quin Tessence and Bloodscar like this.
  8. Wasarion

Wasarion New Member
    Tester

Trying this atm... hope it will work, ty.
    --- Post updated ---
    Only using Windows Defender on my gaming pc. I will try what happens turning it off.

9. Nachtmyn

Nachtmyn Goblin Shaman
    Hero

If it doesn't work. PM me... I may need to ask for a list of system processes. EAC may just be doing it's job and detected a process running that it suspects. If not comfortable with user to user help, I'm sure one of the devs would be interested in going through this with you as well.

10. Wasarion

Wasarion New Member
    Tester

Only using Windows Defender on my gaming pc.
    --- Post updated ---
    Problem solved. Deleted 0k files in data folder and reinstalled. Agon here i come!

Nachtmyn and Neilk like this.
  11. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Infernal
    Legend

just installed new launcher tried to load game and it starts load then says "you were kicked by easy anti cheat"

im a sad panda

12. Bloodscar

Staff Member

You have installed 0.4.0, the latest one from https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/store/?

if so run the repair shortcut and login in running admin.

13. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Infernal
    Legend

i installed the one from neilk's stickied thread.

14. Bloodscar

Staff Member

That should be the latest one then, if you can please run the repair tool and then run in while running the client as admin.

15. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Infernal
    Legend

ok i tried logging in a few more times first try could not connect.
    2nd try could not authenticate
    3rd try during loading black magic said bad magic detected. ive run into this once before i think its because of the hotel wifi.

ive sent a convo to neilk because ive had this exact problem once before and he helped with it.

edit: got in on like 6th try its definitely on my end due to hotel wifi and thunderstorm but could you please make sure my account is NOT flagged as cheater thanks in advance. also its worth noting that its my alt acount hughgrection not my main acount which is dixie

#15 Dixie Normus, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:37 AM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 12:43 AM
    Bloodscar likes this.
  16. SupDude

SupDude Deadeye
    Legend

And it's probably not on your end as i have the same issue today , i was able to play just fine before during free trial with no issues whatsoever

- Logged in today , first two times i hit Play button on launcher i instantly got "lost connection to server" ( before the loading screen ).
    - Once i was ingame , I had a lot of lags/ghostcasts/spikes and ended up being disconnected aswell ( lost connection to server ). Sadly couldn't see my ping o/
    - Back on launcher , had "couldnt establish connection to login server" several times , "could not authenticate" several times "bad magic , noted" several times. When i eventually got the launcher working i was just staying ingame for a very short time , few minutes , before getting disconnected ( lost connection to server error ) . Someone from bpg who checked my logs told me it was EAC that kicked me several times.
    - Found out that i had all the data files in double in my folders , decided to do a fresh install anyway before launch so uninstalled everything and re-installed with the last launcher version.
    - All previous described errors still happen , having a hard time logging in on launcher and when i do it just download files at a very very low speed for a few seconds then it just tells me "patching failed : connection closed" or kick me out of the launcher again and here I go for another cycle ;)

I didn't change anything or i'm not using anything special compared to the last time i played during free trial.
    My connection is fine , it's only fucked up on RoA , it's like i'm having a really hard time accessing the servers , be it login or game ones.
    I don't have any antivirus.
    Also don't know why EAC kicked me several times as i didn't get any messages about the reasons or something.

I also know kind of "a lot" of people having quite a lot of issues with the game and eac aswell in the last week

Trial ending soon , launch soon so.

TLDR : help o/ >> https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/cant-do.9965/

#16 SupDude, Apr 23, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 6:12 PM