Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

To the vets avoiding logging in because your poopsocked advantage is gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeJT, Sep 10, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Oak Lord
    Legend

we can point this thread as the worst thread created ever.

honestly, i never seen someone so lost like this guy is here.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. l0st exile

l0st exile Skeleton Archer

i 100% feel you, but why you ROAs most active poster...

Fengor and RootedOak like this.
  3. Korag

Korag Cairn Giant
    Hero

If you get bind camped more than a few min, your just a total moron. Log out and go breath some fresh air. Rub one out. Do something besides cry about being bind camped and making excuses about why you wont publish your character name. It is bs you know it we know it. stop hiding and making excuses and let them balls drop become a man
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol
    So Posts like this one are to indicate that you are in fact the smart one? The same guy that is arguing and putting down everyone else for being Toxic or for having bad ideas not to mention one of the top posters on the forums. my guess is your lonely as fuck in game and irl so your posting here for attention and your either a troll or a half baked moron.

kingp43 likes this.
  4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Akathar

Korag you gotta admit bindcamping is one of the biggest issues in darkfall right now.

Sero likes this.
  5. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

this is what happens to a game when you remove grind and make it feel like you have the Admin tool to level up over night.
    I really miss playing the original DF at least I felt like I was playing a game and had goals to accomplish. not this instant here have everything handed to you.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  6. Korag

Korag Cairn Giant
    Hero

Bind camping is only an issue to those who are dumb enough to let it become an issue

7. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Frostjarl
    Hero

Age old arguement... proven incorrect time and time again. Seen it through a few launches, people just always hang onto that character crutch card so they can lay it down for when their equation does not add up to them being on the ground, but they are.

Sadly the only people you can troll with this statement are indeed the try hards that are the only people still playing. They were there at original launch, stuck it through DFO, DF2010 (that never happened), DFUW, and last but not least DFRoA. Think we can all attest that have been through all of these launches... if you were good at any era of this game... you are probly pretty decent, still. If you were shit, then even with a good character, you were still shit. It has always showed except in 1 era... the era where no splash mitigation based off range to target, and back crits from infront by shooting spells behind targets ankles. (The end game spells not being balanced in the slightest at original DFO launch.)

During and after that era the game still suffered from pre-surging bads.... but it was obvious once again who those were.

8. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Skeleton Archer

topkek, its 2017 man darkfall plays like a tab target

9. MikeJT

MikeJT Varangian Warthane
    Supporter

Old argument, never really proven wrong.

People played DFO for literally a year with no significant changes to content.

Players were the content.

Tonnes of people rolling around with maxed out toons ganking newer players for months on end as pop slowly declined.

Its the norm with Darkfall.

Either avoid or ally anyone who's a threat to you, and run around ganking everyone who's not, then cry theres no PvP.

It's hilarious, frankly.

Now I see threads asking for removal of self-buffs, because apparent 3 points of damage difference means you automatically lose a fight.

But when noobs are hitting for 8 to 15 points per hit apparently thats irrelevant and it's all player skill.

LOL.
    --- Post updated ---

10. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Stop fucking posting.

Shitty characters or maxed characters... the people who are consistently good at this game are always going to be good at this game, regardless of their characters. You're trying to make a case of "All those people who crutched on characters who preyed on noobs" when that's like a handful of griefers compared to the actual vet population of the game who live for the meta-combat.

We're not logging in because there's no content/reason to log in.

To put it bluntly, BPG has built the house... but they haven't furnished it yet. It isn't livable or sustainable in it's current state. It's just walls and a roof.

Hope remains that they furnish it.

11. johntrikone

johntrikone Skeleton Archer
    Legend

okay I'm excited, do me next.

I don't want to log in because the population has dwindled to the point where you can roam for 1-4 hours and not find anyone to fight.

BPG consistently promised "new content" and instead delivered modifications to existing content. The lack of anything to do outside of grinding gear to pvp with, and actually going out and pvping has decreased the population so drastically in such a short amount of time that I can honestly say BPG fucked up the DF1 relaunch much quicker than AV managed to drive away the playerbase of DF1 itself, or even unholy wars.

Sique, Scrubby Bear, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  12. Myater

Myater Black Knight
    Hero

I'm curious who you think the players who were "poopsocked character crutching" are.

13. Dreadseth

Dreadseth Goblin Warrior

2v1 100k each. You and one of your pick Against me both of you carry 100k.

14. aparks

aparks Black Knight
    Legend

Idk why you are all complaining. You got papyrus and scrolls. And new food.

15. Dreadseth

Dreadseth Goblin Warrior

Surprise Surprise. He gets called out to a duel and Logs........Nuff said.

16. MikeJT

MikeJT Varangian Warthane
    Supporter

No translation needed.

You're not the player this thread is about. Unfortunately it seems the level of reading comprehension on this forum isn't too great.

Of course one of the poopsockers will go "Oh yeah that's why I quit too"

Lets face it... massive drop in population coincided with the skill gains patch. And don't try to tell me that's because they finished their toons because apparently "the grind is nothing, my toon was was finished in 2 days" to paraphrase practically every person who argued against skill gains increases.

If people were quitting because they finished their toons then we would've seen a much bigger drop in pop about a week or 2 weeks into launch.

Bad players need someone to gank and when noobs are a massive threat after a week you either need new noobs every week or they quit. If they can't poopsock to get an advantage to make up for their lack of skill and they can't grind gear to get an advantage to make up for your lack of skill, they quit.

People trying to tell me that these players don't exist are either naive or are trying to hide the fact that they're one of them.

Sure this thread was a bit of a piss take trying to egg on some players to log in but it's expanded to really show how ignorant some people are.

People trying to tell me how toon advantage isn't real LOL what come on. Because you saw a video of one of Darkfall's best PvPing against random bads?

Darkfall Community:

There is no grind! I finished my toon in 2 days!

Darkfall Community 2 months later:

You nerfed the grind and now I have nothing to do! WOE I
    S ME WHERE IS THE CONTENT!

So which is it? There was never a grind and everyone had their toons finished in 2 days or grinding was the only thing to do and now you're quitting because it's gone?

Darkfall Community:

Toon advantage is nothing. Good players will always be good players! You lost because you're bad.

Also Darkfall Community:

IF I DONT SELF BUFF CONSTANTLY I WILL LOSE EVERY FIGHT BECAUSE OF 3 POINTS OF DAMAGE! REMOVE SELF BUFFS!

So which is it? If 3 points of damage is going to decide a fight, then why is a 10-15 point damage difference between a noob and a vet irrelevant? Archmage + Intensify + Int increase was fucking huge. Mastery difference equally huge.

Darkfall Community:

There's no one to fight! All I do is sit in a city and duel with clan mates!

Also Darkfall Community:

Also Darkfall Community:

Also Darkfall Community:

Also Darkfall Community:

Ummm... I think I see the problem here guys... have you tried maybe leaving your city?

Darkfall Community:

Cities aren't worth holding! There's no reason to siege anything!

Also Darkfall Community:

UGH! GRINDING FOR ENCHANTING MATS IS SO TEDIOUS! So is alchemy! So is mats for blackbolts! But that holding with the Q4 eye and Q4 tooth for magnitude, and Q2 heart and blood for major pots, Q1 venom sac for blackbolts all within a 3 minute ride is worthless. Completely worthless. Why would anyone want that city?

Seriously?

Darkfall Community:

There's nothing to do in this game. My bank is full! I never see anyone out in the world! We need fast travel!

Also Darkfall Community:

Oh you want buy something? Let me log in my alt.

Well maybe if everyone didn't use their alts for trading and gathering all the time you might actually see people travelling more often?

Darkfall Community:

You want 3000 gp for an R50 LOL that's worth like 2k gp!

Also Darkfall community:

WTS Selentine 2400 GP!

Also Darkfall community:

Where did all the crafters go? Ugh it's so tedious having to craft all these things. NERF CRAFTING!

By far, the biggest problem with Darkfall right now, is BPG is listening to players dumb ideas, far too much.
    --- Post updated ---
    Been on the whole time. Dunno why it showed me logged out.

Honestly I don't give a shit about your duel wagers.

I'm not here on forums talking shit about how great a player I am. I'm not that great, even for a 240 ping player. People way better than me playing with 240 ping.

Beating me in a duel doesn't prove shit. I personally have no idea who you are. I don't know if you're good, or bad, or how good your toon is.

I didn't see you here on forums talking shit about how good you were and posting YouTube compilations of ganking noobs then suddenly disappearing when skill gains patch came in.

It's like that song goes...

"You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you!"

johntrikone likes this.
  17. pvecrafterist

pvecrafterist Goblin Warlord

is someone actually stupid enough to believe people arent logging in (or subbed) because they are afraid of losing fights?

"games amazing perfect and ALIVE but I cant play it if I did I might lose a fight!"

Sique, Fengor, Grimtide and 3 others like this.
  18. Dreadseth

Dreadseth Goblin Warrior

No in fact you will see posts about how bad I was. Thing is in life, DF, and anything else you do you are as good as you want to become. I was forged through heartache and frustration. I do however agree I jumped into 10 player holdings on mainland at 3am central time and didn't find a single fight so I was not necessarily sitting in a base waiting for it.

19. johntrikone

johntrikone Skeleton Archer
    Legend

not going to quote the whole post, but in response to you're reply I say, fair enough.

MikeJT likes this.
  20. yogrrt

yogrrt Deadeye
    Hero

This thread certainly says more about you than any truth about what veteran players are thinking.