Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The crog is a waste of time

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Scrapnotcrap, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

I can kill like 5 crog in 3 different spawns that i'm cycling. I got 19 Q3 horns after a long time. Since they don't drop gold, it's even worse. They drop plenty of q1 horns that i can turn into q2 horns, but in that case, we might as-well kill shroud knights.

The most that they can give are leather and meat, but those are already super easy to get so i just trash them.

I think they just need an increased rate on getting 4-5 q3 horns.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Crypt Guard
    Legend

The Crog was beloved in DFO. You leveled magic on them never killed them, as soon as their health was low you healed them up. Rinse and repeat.

Slayven likes this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Akathar
    Legend

Old School Hivekin Queen > Crog

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  4. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

True. I still kill hive queens today. It's dumb

Edit

I think that each spawn of crog needs to have 4 crog on them instead of 1. It's so bad that they don't have a reason to have only 1 in most spawns.

#4 Scrapnotcrap, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  5. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

Do they scale.

6. Myater

Myater Black Knight
    Hero

Yes they scale. Got a 2 spawn up to 5. Idk if it can get much higher.

7. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Goblin Shaman

They scale, you don't need to rotate really, just kill and they come in bigger numbers and respawn quickly. I agree the loot sucks individually but you can kill a ton of them pretty fast. *However*, it's kind of weird that meat weighs 1kg per and you quickly have to trash it or trudge around, I really do not see the point of the weight limitations in the game, trashing valuable loot is not fun. It's insane how fast your bag fills up, farming almost anything for 25 minutes or less and you are forced to start trashing, what is the point? I'm sure there must be some other way to prevent mount carrying abuse.

8. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

I don't see the point in some things being too heavy such as stones and meat. We trash meat constantly as we kill golems.

But anyway, cyclying multiple spawns that scales is also good. When you come back to the first one you started, it grows with numbers. Same with the next one and so on... i can easily make 20k in what seems to be 30-45 minutes if i carry some good gear. With the loot that i can sell, it's even better. Now, i haven't even been super efficient and yet, it's easy to become rich.

Billy Lee likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Goblin Shaman

Ah that's cool, man, I haven't gotten a chance to try that yet :) I really hate trashing loot though, especially since all loot is considered part of the value of a monster, if you have to trash a lot you are getting ripped off. Might as well make mounts weigh 300 kg and give us a weight allowance of 1000 kg, or something like that.