Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Patch causing massive gameplay failures for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Support & Bugs' started by WHOshotWHO, Sep 8, 2017.

1. WHOshotWHO

WHOshotWHO New Member
    Hero

I have to relog constantly. The game just randomly starts getting mad stutters and drops fps like crazy down to 8 and back up again. It will be fine for 10-30 mins then randomly shits itself and I have to relog as it becomes literally unplayable. This is a problem for open world encounters as I have no warning it's about to become unplayable.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

Please try running the repairdata application in the main darkfall folder, this will re-validate your files and repair any issues that might be causing this lag.

3. WHOshotWHO

WHOshotWHO New Member
    Hero

I ran repair data now multiple times, does not seem to do anything for this problem. I spoke with GM Merciless and he suggested it may be a memory leak that was created with the last patch. He suggested maybe looting/mana lend. As I'm stingy I don't lend mana ;p. na but seriously that's not the one.

1st crash 9/7 while doing grinding giants.
    2nd crash 9/7 while doing duels, with no mob grinding or looting since first crash.
    Logged off after.

3rd crash 9/8 doing duels
    4th crash 9/8 grinding Giants
    5th crash 9/8 doing 7K's
    Logged out after

6th crash 9/9 doing Revenants. I did not log out after this, the game actually fully crashed on me. I will record later and send you guys the video I guess maybe. But Merciless asked I log what I was doing during these crashes.

EDIT: It happens very suddenly. I run in window the last week instead of borderless. With borderless I was getting up to around 240fps depending on where I was or what I was doing. In full it's always at 60 fps. It would just all of a sudden start stuttering to 4-8fps and back up to 60, and then get progressively worse over the course of 20-40 seconds until it's unplayable. There is no real warning that it's happening. No mild stutters for a min or two prior, it just all of a sudden shits out. This never happened before Thursday patch.

4. Bloodscar

Staff Member

Next time you crash can you please look in your data folder for the most recent client_1/_2.log file and attach those in a ticket, the support team will forward that info to the devs to see if there is any issues they can see from that.

5. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

have the same issue kinda since the patch. can play just fine for 10-30 mins and then INSANE stuttering starts making the game absolutely unplayable.

pretty hilarious considering this is a patch that has already been rollbacked once. whoever is responsible for your QA needs to have his dick slapped hard.

6. leflexzone

leflexzone Goblin Scout

same prob, game has constant fps through out until player/npc loads in there will be a chance that the game will constantly give fps stutters from 300 to like 5-10 back to 300 then back down so forth; intervals of like 1second...

7. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

so since this seems to be an issue that effects multiple players can we get any info about when we can expect a hotfix ?

@kilrain

8. Bloodscar

Staff Member

Next time you crash can you please look in your data folder for the most recent client_1/_2.log file and attach those in a ticket, the support team will forward that info to the devs to see if there is any issues they can see from that.

9. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

its not crashing for me. it very much looks like a mem leak. its happening since the patch. never happened before so its pretty obvious where its coming from. let me know when you fixed it. ill just play a game that works meanwhile.

10. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

same thing happens to me, i don't crash but after playing for a few hours, i get constant lag every few seconds and doesn't go away

11. Korag

Korag Cairn Giant
    Hero

this is the problem with kids today, is something isn't done perfectly they go for dude dicks. Didn't used to be that way.. Buncha damn cock gazers

Dim Mok likes this.
  12. Bloodscar

Staff Member

What are you doing mainly to see this happening, pve/crafting/pvp/harvesting?

13. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i was killing lizardmen
    --- Post updated ---
    consider yourself lucky that you can atleast play a few hours. for me its 25-30 mins MAX.
    --- Post updated ---
    if it wasnt rolledback once due to the durability issue already i wouldnt be as harsh but the fact that something like this mem leak STILL makes it through QA after the durability thing (which should have been found by QA aswell) just tells me that they dont even have any QA at all.

14. Suicidesheep

Suicidesheep Quality Assurance
    Staff Member Team Lead Game Designer

How often does this happen? How long does it take to happen? and are you doing anything specific when killing lizardmen or simply just swinging melee/casting spells/etc?

To comment on the rollback/dura/qa issue, the reason that specific issue was not located was due to our internal server having needing a full wipe. Which removed all characters/inventories/items which if we had we would have caught that specific issue. We had to start with fresh characters and no "pre-patch" items which were affected by the issue, our live characters on the PTR also did not have the issue. Also, on patch day some files did not get patched over properly to live when we did our most recent patch, which forced us to have to rollback.

Also in terms of the memory leak, when QAing a task, we do what is required for that task. When a new weapon is introduced for example, we craft it on multiple characters, in multiple holdings, at multiple stations, check for sale price/dura/damage/speed and many more factors. When something like a memory leak (if that is what it is) is reported by so far about 4 people, it is much harder to track without specific details on what the cause might be. We also don't actively play on our internal test server like users play on the live server. That is why we opened up the public test server for users to be able to get a sneak peak and to do some final more large scale testing to find any last minute issues before patching to live.

If you are having the above issue, if you have any sort of recording or extra information to provide such as when it happens, how it happens, if you have run the repairdata application to fix any possible issues and it still happens, this would all be beneficial in locking down and being able to replicate the cause/fix the issue.

#14 Suicidesheep, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Grimtide likes this.
  15. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

ive been killing lizardmen at the spot close to bladethorpe. ive been using mostly archery with some meleeing. it happens after 15-30 mins. im not playing much lately but so far it has happened every single time since the recent patch. never had that issue before that. something that may be worth to note is that when i stuttered back to the chaos bank that is close it took like 30 secs to open the bank. also the lizardmen drop the new stat potions quite frequently. maybe it has something to do with those?

16. Suicidesheep

Thank you for the additional information, i'll go to that spot and see if i can replicate the issue.

17. Korag

Korag Cairn Giant
    Hero

it was a crack on your choice of verbiage..Talking bout Man parts...

18. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

quick update: i ran autorepair last night and tried again today on a different lizardmen spot but still close to bladethorpe. same thing occured about 25 mins after logging in.

19. Suicidesheep

Does this only happen at lizardmen spawns?

Anyone else have issues in spawns that are or are not lizardmen?

20. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i havent tried on any other mobs yet. like i said i dont play alot recently but ill try some other mobs next time i play. however i dont think its specifically related to the type of mob as it doesnt go away when i leave the spawn.
    --- Post updated ---
    another update: i have tried a sarlid spawn today and farmed well over an hour and the issue did not occur so it seems to be related to lizardmen themself or those 2 spawns close to bladethorpe or the scaling mechanic since atleast one of those spawns near bladethorpe has 6+ mobs that start to spawn real quick after you kill them for a while. its been a while since ive done easy mobs but ive never had this happen when killing goblins/trolls etc the first days after launch tho.