Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Now, lets get down to the business..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Statusquo

Statusquo Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

OK no wipe just open a second server populate that then let everyone from the old server transfer over in a few months of time

2. NonFactor

NonFactor Oak Lord
    Legend

why, bro?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Akathar

I see what you did there.

MikeJT likes this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Varangian Warthane
    Supporter

@MWTaylor can you guys patch in some city upkeep costs ASAP so we don't have to pay for siege stones and tonnes of battlespikes to claim a dead holding from a dead clan?

Even just 10 gp an hour like Housing so if it's dead for 2 weeks it goes free.

Lucan and Mycke like this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Oak Lord
    Legend

not too bad idea.

MikeJT likes this.
  6. Sintan

Sintan Infernal
    Legend

So it was placed in game on your internal test server in early april when you posted that picture?

7. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Every developer runs their own local server on their machine which is where this picture was taken.

8. Pimptight

Pimptight Black Knight
    Streamer Legend

hahaha wow changes to old content = new content for BPG what a joke.

MORE NPE???? just fucking stop and give us NEW SHIT TO DO maybe one of the 8 million fucking suggestions on the forums were is factions and fast travel? fucking think people are going to log in to stand on a god damn cirlce to cap a VCP that we already dont give a shit to go cap because OLD SYSTEM

kingp43 likes this.
  9. MikeJT

MikeJT Varangian Warthane
    Supporter

They've already said they were going to increase rewards calm your tits.

10. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Go play something else for a while dude, that or try this stuff out when it happens.

NPE stuff is still necessary and a ways off from being completely ready for first-timers. Unused content (villages) being changed so they're worth the rewards and worth fighting for = content aka something to do.

11. Pimptight

Pimptight Black Knight
    Streamer Legend

Believe it or not most vets could give 0 fucks about loot we want meaningful reasons to fight and thing's to do with my clan that are fun and engaging.
    --- Post updated ---
    How many time's we going to polish a turd before we figure out no one likes the smell no matter how shiny it is?

What is this like the 6th or 7th time we changed loot on VCP's its worked out so far lets keep up the same momentum thats gaining so many people back.

Fengor and kingp43 like this.
  12. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Goblin Warlord

Then please get the fuck out of here and stop littering the forums with this useless bullshit you keep spewing. Do you think it helps at all? Do you seriously think the developers look at your constant fucking crying and get motivated? Let them do their thing and shut up.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  13. Pimptight

Pimptight Black Knight
    Streamer Legend

We have let them do their thing and look how that has turned out so far. Also I wont shut up I have streamed and supported the fucking living hell out of this game and im sick of them destroying it with shit changes and bad patchs/servers.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'll shut up when I see them stop ignoring people who want something to fucking do in game and take a firm stand on the fact the next few patchs should be "content" patchs and we can take a small rest on the NPE so that people who want to play log in again.

kingp43 likes this.
  14. NonFactor

NonFactor Oak Lord
    Legend

@Andrew 2 weeks or more is alot of time considering current state of game.

the last 4 days i log in game and i dont even got a partner (ally/clannie) to make a duel.

thesedays i visited villages, spawns and cities... i really think u guys need to patch something before that 2 weeks.

ppl like me that isnt find anything to do is just quitting and going to play other stuff like albion, pugb etc..

get and retain new players is the focus, we got that.. but i think the current player base deserve some love right now.

15. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

We have already stated the upcoming patches are content patches, whether or not you believe that is up to you.

However, it may be a good idea to realize that if you truly do want the game to succeed, making posts like this do an immense amount of harm towards achieving that. Not only does it give a terrible impression to possible new players looking at the forums, but it is demotivating to those of us busting our asses to get out the kind of content you are looking for.

The current player base is our focus for this next patch, so we hear you loud and clear, but we are not patching before that next patch is ready.

Wizzy, Pimptight and NonFactor like this.
  16. Pimptight

Pimptight Black Knight
    Streamer Legend

Can only stay positive for so long but i hear ya.

I agree NPE is important just want a patch or 2 for people who are done grinding and need shit to do.

17. MWTaylor

And as a fellow gamer, I get your frustration.

We have made some mistakes along the way, but we are still here working as hard as we can to create the best game out there for you guys. To be honest, having a rough launch is something we have turned into a positive within our team. We realized we had to make some serious changes to not only the direction we were taking the game, but also in what we focused on. We looked at what we accomplished and learned so far given the time we have spent with the code, and also looked at some things we worked on that we needed to reevaluate.

When we release the new road map for you to look over you will see new content and mechanics on that list. It has always been our goal to have that be the focus after launch, but we were thrown some curve balls along the way that we had to overcome first. Now we are at that point in time when we can focus on things like a full-on faction warfare system, conquest towers and the surrounding mechanics, and many other topics you guys have been posting about for 2 years, and it is those things we have always been excited to work on ourselves.

We know you guys want new content, we were on your side of the fence not too long ago ourselves, but those things take time and now that we are focused directly on it, I can only ask you for a little more of your patience. This next patch contains a complete overhaul of the village capture mechanics which, although we know is existing content, will completely change the way they function. That tied to the increase and revised village rewards we hope will turn existing content highly underutilized into something consistently fought over AND fun to fight for. We also want to add the new champion loot which will be brand new legendary R70s and will provide a reason to fight over the champion spawns, thus turning existing content we added during development into something people will fight over.

This next patch is only the beginning of new things we will be implementing, and we look forward to making it easier for you to stay positive :grin:

Fengor, Wizzy, sup and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

when are you guys adding diversity into the game? having everyone playing a mage with no restriction is getting old and does not make ROA a true MMO. Not sure about other people but most of my crew quit because of this magefall crap and I am pretty sure they'll come back if the game has diversity

Slayven, kingp43 and Mycke like this.
  19. Mycke

Mycke Black Knight

I agree, but they are going to have a hard time making that leap to break the meta, but I think they will eventually do it.

20. MWTaylor

We agree with you and the many others who feel this way, but when we go down that route we want to make sure we do it right, and now is not the time to focus in on it. We have some things we want to accomplish first but you can be rest assured adding in ways for players to diversify themselves in combat is going to happen.

Slayven, Fengor, Wizzy and 1 other person like this.