Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Maps Working as intended?

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Synik, May 19, 2017 at 9:51 PM.

1. Synik

Synik Undead Dwarf
    Hero

Do you guys intend people find the exact pixel for a map? Like the loot warrants the time and/or potential of not finding it or giving up? Fucking terrible experience for a system that was working fine before. When could actually gain digging skill.. Also putting an X on the edge of a cliff is a joke?

2. Super Star

Super Star Cairn Giant
    Legend

This is how treasure maps always were lol

Fengor likes this.
  3. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

Treasure maps have not been touched and where the x is placed is dynamically generated.

Fengor likes this.
  4. Synik

Synik Undead Dwarf
    Hero

The ability to find them has been dramatically changed with digging skill being so hard to gain... the higher the digging the easier it is to find..

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Frostjarl
    Hero

The franchise has made an easy guide to find a treasure map without failing for the first try.

I'm not saying its fine, but if you learn how, it's easy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Fengor

Fengor Frostjarl

You Just keep digging until you find it... it says in system "something seems to be here" or relatively that statement.

Super Star likes this.
  7. RootedOak

RootedOak Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I've turned in several maps now it does seem a bit harder to pin point the exact spot now. Might have something to do with the change to digging nodes.

8. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

treasure maps 'x' placement has always been flawed, everyone knows it, you guys need to figure out some sort of way for the system to be sure that when the x is generated the surround terrain around it is at least flat enough for us to jump down to or cast ourselves up to.

as for the looking for the exact pixel.. i never had an issue figuring out where maps were in DFO, i could typically find them within a matter of seconds, UW's change was ok but buggy, as it had you roaming WAYYYYY of course half the time and still did not monitor the x at creation.

my vote is leave maps alone, the mechanics are not broken and there are much more important things for you guys to be focused on.