Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Little dungeon change

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by negocromn, Sep 13, 2017.

1. negocromn

negocromn Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Remove things like catalysts and the likes from the possible random rewards, should only take a few minutes of dev time.

I have been leveling a new character and getting it to 1000 alignment, so I have been doing a lot of different dungeons everyday and I think a lot could be changed later on when theres time, but one simple thing that could be adjusted for now is just cutting away the really bad rewards.

Wes Furtive and Volfen like this.
  2. Volfen

Volfen Windlord
    Legend

I'd even remove the 5 ore rewards from the tomb iklit quests too. And make the enchanting mat less of a hit or miss thing by making it 10 of 5 random mats instead of 50 of 1 random mat..

Or get rid of the RNG entirely if we're considering a more advanced solution. Let players choose which reward they want, and make the system increase or decrease the amount you get of each depending on what gets picked more often, with a minimum and a maximum value. For example, start out with 50 of any Q3 mat, and the ones that are never picked eventually go up to 75 while the ones that are picked the most go down to 25 in a permanently self-balancing system.

Green Chili and quietnoobz like this.
  3. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Dire Zombie

i like to choose

Sero and The Red King like this.
  4. Sero

Sero Cairn Giant
    Legend

Hm. Now theres something I've never heard suggested. Could be fun.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    viniciusdel likes this.
  5. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

All catalysts vendor for 50 gp a peice

If you really don't want them just vendor them straight after getting them (25 x 50 = 1250 gp).

As for other stuff, it is a 'random reward'.

I got 25 sickles the other day which is kind of like the booby prize.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    viniciusdel likes this.
  6. negocromn

negocromn Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

You get 10 catalysts for 4k dungeons and 5 catalysts for 3.5k dungeons, thats 500/250 gps in vendor, literally nothing.

And I'm ok with a bit of gambling but the shitty rewards don't really match the best rewards, that are not good enough to make up for the chance of getting nothing, specially now that the base gold/meditation rewards are much less appealing.

viniciusdel likes this.