Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Limestone/Mahgony From All Nodes and Alchemy Price Reduction

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Rigon, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Rigon

Rigon Akathar
    Legend

Like title says, so many empty houses.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Think even if they made it drop from all nodes, it'd just devalue the item and not really bring more into the economy or more houses into the economy, especially with this pop. If anything it would make it easier to get housing for those still seeking, which are few, but not address the empty housing problem which is set to get worse with the 2 easy fast travel that will be implemented that will produce more empty housing since housing basically loses all its value besides a localized bank and a portal shard free port.

Should elaborate on the what u mean by alchemy price reduction, not sure exactly what specifically you want reduced and to what degree.

3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

It is, by far, easier to get limestone and mahogany from farming mobs, than by hitting nodes.

I'm up to 14 housing modules and that's just from village capture loot and killing mobs. I've never even hit a stone node on Nif and I gathered maybe 10 mahogany on Yssam whilst I was living there.

As for the Alchemy thing, I couldn't agree more.

4. Andrew

Andrew Black Knight
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We're going to be making changes in this area on the way house materials are earned and maybe recipes in the near future.

Our ultimate goal as well will be to unlink houses from villages and allow users to place them anywhere. There's other tasks ahead of that but it's something I expect we'd get to early next year.

Green Chili likes this.
  5. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Air Elemental
    Tester

Will we be able to move a house (Keep in my situation} if it was placed before this patch?

Nerfsy likes this.
  6. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

am I going to get screwed out of my location/housing type in any way? I wanna be told I can keep my houses and placement and not be told i miight lose out on what i have been getting. I love open world building and expect those open world placements be able to be destroyed and despawned, figured giving back tehir house deed/items in their bank, but i dont want that for my place l villas and eventually my keep that will be in villages. Also figure if so the value and maybe even the cost to make deed are gonna tank a ton. Figure open world housing will still involve housing deeds unless maybe thres a different time of deed u need to make for open world building that is alow cheaper and maybe takes building mods.

#6 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  7. Andrew

Andrew Black Knight
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The existing houses are up in the air on what we'll do with them. We're considering a few options and no matter what worst case you'd get all your house items and a deed to be able to transplant your home.

We're leaning towards keeping village houses with benefits to being in a village such as house recall, invulnerability and a free vendor for example but the final implementation isn't decided yet.

8. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Air Elemental
    Tester

[QUOTE="Andrew, post: 216815, member:
    We're leaning towards keeping village houses with benefits to being in a village such as house recall, invulnerability and a free vendor for example but the final implementation isn't decided yet.[/QUOTE]

Hmm House recall is already a thing and most people already have vendors so..... I don't see a win here. You say invulnerabiluty, does this mean houses in the open can be destroyed?

9. kilrain

kilrain Cairn Giant
    Developer

No final decisions regarding open world housing and what happens to villages has been made, so we can't really speculate at this point.

10. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Before a final decision is made should post what is gathered from the discussions so the community can chime in. Even if it doesn't effect the final decision after it is posted, think it would be good to do so incase there is something the community can contribute to the discussion.

Also I'd like ot mention that a good amount of villages have enough room to add a few more houses to and could even help with balancing the gold rewards on them, let alone actually making them feel like villages and not just a few houses. Though kinda feel like maybe the amount of houses in a village shouldn't really effect the gold rewards so much. Which would make inconvenient villages away from main traffic kinda off in it own corner more likely to get pvp, even if its say 3 pirates or Baslan's escape which don't have room for more housing.

#10 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017