Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Lack of Nodes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaiusSeptimus, May 15, 2017.

1. rikilii

rikilii Infernal

Funny, every time I go out, I get 300-400 ore in the same spots, in like 30-40 minutes, which is not to say that I like the changes, which were a solution in search of a problem, imho.

2. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

seriously? studded sets are 400 gold. U can buy r40 weapons for like 400 gold. U can gear up off of like half an hour of a troll spawn.

or just roll robes. u can do a lot with just r40 weaps.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

At this point, actively looking for nodes is a fool hardy task.... seems the best way is to be there first when server starts at your favorite ore spot, tap it... and then go back and start again in 3 hours.

You will come across nodes if you look for them while you play as they are all over the map.... but actively looking for them seems like it would be frustrating to say the least.
    --- Post updated ---
    You can also farm other mats and then trade them for ore.... just spam trade until it happens while you play. Or you could gank harvesters but good luck finding them when nodes are tapped so quickly.

4. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

exactly my point, and the point of many people complaining about the resource changes atm.
    i'm pretty sure you misunderstand the point. if i can't get it from the merchants in town, i'm not gonna buy it. as a crafter, i should not need to buy gear from other crafters, i should be able to find the mats to make my own. the comment was that i'd love to be able to kill everyone in my area, but i cant due to gear etc, even with the gear i would not be able to get my gnarled hands to work well enough to pvp the 300 or so people running around where i am. so much for the hermit life...

#84 Carrot Soup, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

That's even easier. U dont need a lot of leather or gold per set. studded is easy to make. Weapons dont really take a lot either till u start hitting mastery lvl.

U can farm some mediocre spawn for 2k gold a trip naked really. Just buy ur mats then instead of the completed item if u wanna craft it urself. The cost is pretty much the same.

and if u insist on harvesting urself then have at it. its really not hard to bring in 150 iron and timber. Tho if ur having trouble, just go farm gold and buy mats instead.

6. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

:sweatsmile:

7. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

ok, now you truly are missing the point. i am unable to make studded, i cannot get the ore needed due to the reduced yields and retarded speed at which china farmers are clearing virtually every node on the map.

on top of that, it literally takes a run from yssam down to mid map in order to get a haul of around 400 to 500 ore from nodes that the farmers 'missed'.

as for gold, sure, i can get the gold by just combat looting some spawns in the area but none of the spawns that i'm near, are easy enough to farm with the r20's and scale i'm wearing.

people seem to be asking ludicrous prices for mats right now, and they're sadly getting it, due to the sappy schmucks who are willing to pay exorbitantly for the goods.

no, i'd rather point out bpg's mistakes and request that they kindly unscrew the crafters that they are obviously at war with, why else would they literally be reducing yields every patch?

and if you think that 150 iron and 150 timber can actually craft enough gear to do anything.. you have completely lost touch with reality.

150 iron = 60 ingots, you need 52 ingots for a set of scale (if there are no fails), along with leather, which i cant farm without gear and can no longer purchase from the merchant. as well as the increased gold cost.

leaving 8 ingots for a weapon and 60 wood. the wood is enough for 10 to 20 crafts depending on item crafted at r20 but the 8 ingots will leave you with a single r20 greatsword. are YOU brave enough and skilled enough to kill whole groups of people with an r20 while touting scale armor?

and if you wanna talk skill gains, that single greatsword, will net me .12 points in skill if i'm lucky, it averages about .10 meaning that anything less than 400 ingots/ 1000 ore for those who don't want to do the math will net me a whopping 50 crafts, totalling around 5 skill points gained, if i'm lucky. and i'm crafting r20 weapons, they get more expensive as the tiers go up, and i am NOT including the cost in gold and other resources like leather.

i have not yet gotten enough materials to even begin crafting armor.. and it's all due to the changes.. i had no issues in DFO or in DFUW, you can talk smack all you want but the fact of the matter is that small clans and solo players are hurting due to the changes.. my comment about not getting gear was directed at someone who admittedly is in a clan big enough to run people away from an area large enough for them to get all the resources they need.

bpg is for some crazy assed reason, apparently trying to force people to zerg up in order to survive, or it at least appears that way.

he told me to clear the area, i was being quite honest when i said i do not have access to the resources needed to make the gear needed to pvp at that level, and like i said, i'm gimp so i cant do it anyway. you stepped in to a half conversation.

the changes suck, and today they made it even worse by reducing rares and dropping spawn rates of mobs down to 3 to 6 or is it 5.. cant remember.. anyway, it's ridiculous what bpg is doing and i feel the need to let them know.
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah, but then i'd be buying from the same jackass chinese farmers that are scouring the map clean every 2 hours and 15 minutes, that would have me, contributing to the problem by rewarding the ass hats for clearing the map and buying from them.. oh hell no.

i mean really it would be simpler for @Andrew to leave systems that were really not broken alone, and focus on actually improving the new player experience and the UI. yeah crafting was stupid in dfo, UW got it right pretty much, and having the rights to darkfall, they could have bargained the rights to uw's crafting system, and avoided all these damned stupid reductions with every patch.

My paranoia is getting to me, i really do believe that crazy Canadian is out to get me.

8. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

Alright, let's go through this a bit.

No, you can't get the ore needed because you refuse to adjust your strategy or work a bit smarter. It has nothing to do with reduced yields and "retarded speed of china farmers" and everything to do with your own gathering skill level (a real thing!)

My run is not nearly that long and is over 1200 ore. I know there are better routes if you just hit specific pockets and not waste time on every single straggler. Just running aimlessly from one place to another looking for ore is not working hard, it's working lazy. If you want to have more success, use your annotations and mark good spots; visit those first and over repeated days to figure out when it's usually available. Don't want to do that? Fine, run aimlessly through the world. Just don't blame anybody but yourself.

Nah I don't buy this for one second. You have a capital recall. Even if you are red or on an outer continent, there are easier spawns everywhere. You might have to leave the comfort zone of the tile of your own clan's hamlet for a little while at times. It's not that bad.

This is the law of supply and demand and basic economics at work.

Ironically, smart crafters really benefit out of this system. There is actual value for goods and resources.

You can buy scale from the capital city and I'm pretty sure you can get leather from skinning some neutral animals that don't fight back. If you travel a bit, there are also really easy mobs you can do with leather and an R20 that drop tons.

You can recall to the capital city and pick up 1k in an hour at the popular goblin spawn in that zone. You can wear a robe and the r20 and kill trolls or kobolds or weak zombies or skeletons or any number of pretty easy mobs and get enough gold to feel comfortable bringing out the scale for something bigger.

Yeah so if you want to level crafting, either have friends that gather a lot or don't suck at gathering. Yes, it's possible for one to suck at gathering. Or rather I should say - you can put in more than the minimum amount of effort into your gathering. I know this is a mindblowing concept.

The economics are totally different dude, all the mob drops are changed, the ore is changed, the crafting is changed, the balance between crafted and mob drop is changed.

Lots of small clans and solo players are prospering due to the changes because they are doing it smarter than you. Nothing you have said has given me any indication you have put any more work into trying to get iron than literally pointing your character in a random direction and checking as you go. And you really wonder why you aren't wildly successful and the top crafter on the server?

You have every excuse in the book for why it's not your fault.

You don't even know the changes you are describing.

BPG didn't give any numbers. Do you think they would just cut the rare ore % in half overnight or something? If you had a 6% chance before to get a rare ore and now it's 5%, is that really the end of the world and the destruction of all crafters in Agon?

Thubub likes this.
  9. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

Wants everything fucking handed to him.

I'm mostly solo and im red. If i have zero problems gearing up, then u shouldn't have any. ive made contacts thru trade before going red but u can do so on forums, discord, chaos racial, etc. its nto hard tto find some crafters willing to work with u for the stuff ur not lvled to craft urself.

The bast majority of my gearing up ive actually done with my own mats, harvested at vary rare intervals between pve and pvp. If i can find enough resources with such minimal effort so can u.

And i think carrot this is where ur fucking up too. ur assuming u should be able to craft everything urself without effort. Pick 1 thing. Armor is my recommendation if ur solo. weapons are easier to get off mobs or just buy off players. U wont be able to get enough resources to gear urself and lvl several crafting disciplines at once. and this is how it should be. the idea is you focus on a few and trade with others or farm the slightly shittier stuff off mobs. player-driven economy blah blah.

TBH im beginning to think you are below the base ceiling of darkfall. this game does take some basic thinking/planning/strategy to everything you do , as well as the skill to not lose too many, or at least avoid a bunch of fights.

Join a clan to help you. And if thats not enough, then perhaps you simply dont have what it takes to succeed in this game. It sucks for some people, but its a harsh reality that this game is ultra-competitive and not everyone can keep up.

10. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

yeah, but then i'd be buying from the same jackass chinese farmers that are scouring the map clean every 2 hours and 15 minutes, that would have me, contributing to the problem by rewarding the ass hats for clearing the map and buying from them.. oh hell no.

i mean really it would be simpler for @Andrew to leave systems that were really not broken alone, and focus on actually improving the new player experience and the UI. yeah crafting was stupid in dfo, UW got it right pretty much, and having the rights to darkfall, they could have bargained the rights to uw's crafting system, and avoided all these damned stupid reductions with every patch.

My paranoia is getting to me, i really do believe
    a reduction, is a reduction, bpg has already admitted that they have 'further reduced' drop rates, why you continue to say it's minimal or has no effect is beyond me, especially when so many people are making an argument of it.

doesnt matter, like i said, if you don't like what i have to say, click on my name, then click ignore.. works wonders.
    --- Post updated ---
    so, your response, when you disagree with me, is to insult my genetics and my intelligence. how clever you are.

11. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

No, my response is that I know you are wrong because i have personally verified that it really aint that hard, and this thread is full of people explaining exactly how to go about shit but you just keep whining instead of taking the advice of successful people. Whats left but that you have inferior intelligence? ;)

#91 Benevolence, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

Only thing DF Uw did right about crafting was the scarverging system, discouraging crafting in npc cities just to make it matter own or to live in a player-holding.

The conversion items used to actually make iron ore for example was only good in order to fight against alt accounts a little. Harvesting alone couldn't get you far, but the harvesting system we have now accomplishes the same thing. It's better since there's not much reason to own an alt now.

But anyway, i don't understand you at all. I rarely harvest in darkfall, but beside the iron nodes situation, there's no issue at all. It looks like everybody's trying to convince you about that. I recall myself trying to find a tree that has not being tapped yet. Few feet away from my capital, there's a portal. I hopped on it and from that point, every single node (except) mines were untapped.

So while it's fine for everything else, mines are indeed way too scarce to be worth the effort. Some ppl will down-right ask you to live in the middle of nowhere, but rather than wasting time wondering, it's better to kill dwarves, golems and shit. Or, you might as-well farm for gold and purchase iron ore from the players later-on.

Mines are the only issue here. if you disagree with that, it's only because you refuse to adapt just a little bit.

Hopefully, they're planning something: such as placing several rare mines in the open world for more pvp encounter.

13. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I dont give a shit give us more ore... there is none now I want more. 10000 of ore in one rock if I want to take the time to mine it so be it. The rest of the game is hard enough trying to stay alive mining it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Your still a moron and a twink using words like snowflake jesus bro... grow some balls

14. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

good for you, you found the magic spot.. your logic is amazing.

saying that I cannot have the issue, because YOU don't have the issue, is tantamount to taking your car to a mechanic because of a noise, and the mechanic looking you dead in the eye, and calling you an idiot because it's impossible for you to have that noise in your car, because it doesn't happen to his.

lets, hope you don't have a heart attack, if the emergency services have the same logic process as you and your pals, you may not be happy with the results, after all, the driver and emt are not having heart issues at the moment.

it's not just me.. read the forums and learn to stop instantly shit talking people.

15. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

I didnt find the magic spot. I found dozens of them. I roam the map dude. I always carry tools with me.

I lived out of mirrior sea, which has portals to 5 locations all over the map. So i've been pretty much everywhere (only place i haven't roamed is ruby), and personally verified that iron is easily available if u care to find it. eaaaaaasily.

and your analogy is retarded, because its more like the mechanic explaining that the noise is you trying to turn ur car on without hitting the clutch. Were trying to teach yo how to play here mate people have literally explained how to gather effectively and given tonnes of hints but instead of going and actually trying them u argue about why they wouldnt work.

Now no1 usually givers a fuck if u choose to cripple urself and purposefully fail, but dont come here complaining about mechanics. Its simple, you have a hundred available solutions to aquiring iron in this sandbox, but you refuse to take them. it's YOUR fault.

Kalos likes this.
  16. Kalos

Kalos Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Holy walls of text.

17. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

you triggered bro?

18. Teclis

Teclis Gravelord
    Supporter

Carrot soup whats your excuse? i've seen streamers like Handi who play counterstrike with literally no arms and legs yet you can't even gather some simple shit in an mmorpg, you should be ashamed of yourself

19. Thubub

Thubub Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Translation: "I am a millennial snowflake so I can't be wrong! Even if everyone disagrees with my opinion, I am still right. Please hand me my trophy for being so awesome. Oh, my generalizations about everything, including the great mass of Chinese farmers is accurate...because I believe it. My misguided beliefs=facts."

Teclis likes this.
  20. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Infernal
    Legend

nobody that has posted on this thread has been using accurate numbers, i've at least tried to explain the issue. it's not my fault you guys are not getting the math. i have an opinion, it differes from yours and a few others. some people share you opinion, others share mine. insulting one another does not address the issue, it only temporarily succeeds in distracting people from the actual issue, which still exists, you're in denial, and we, are still gonna bitch about it.

just because you, personally, do not believe that it's an issue, does not mean there is no problem. it simply means that you have not been directly effected by the issue and are, as a result, incredulous to it's existence. stop shit talking other people just because you disagree, because THAT is a tactic that those liberal ninny millenials use.

get back on topic dorks

kilrath81 likes this.