Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Holdings = worthless. Make cap cities able to siege.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by JEDIMind, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Air Elemental

So currently everyone that is playing will probably agree when I say its really awesome being blue. Having a second bindstone recall, a place with all crafting stations, safe, and normally a trading hot spot and now with the new changes. A TELEAPORT to any village...op.

So here is a way to combine the siege problem with the new features.
    Make the capital cities able to be sieged. There's a lot of value in these capital cities, just keep the cities how they are currently. This would make 5 power house clans. Clans would be able to recruit and stay within cities limits ( starter city dung ) and teach people. This would also make your other holdings valuable if they make it so from the capital city your clan owns you could port to villages/ other holdings.

Keep one Capital city for new players to log into and do the start quest. And for blue players to use a true noobie capital city recall.
    Capital Cities able to be sieged once a week ( some kind of new stone + no walls, and 20+ man clans only)
    Capital Cities will have to remove the mega guard towers.
    Since you can only port to villages from capital cities now it would be only the alliance who owns it could use it.
    Can port from Capital to other holdings
    Generate more income from crafting tables.
    Cities/hamlets owned inside the capital cities kingdom who are not allied would have to pay some tax. ( Can do this by taxing what people harvest in the zone )
    Bonus to alliance members inside the capital area.
    Could make it so your city is labeled as friendly ( Tower wont attack traders and new recruits )
    Make it so you if you own the capital city your clan HAS to bind there...but free to port to any other city. But you cant bind at another hamlet or city.
    Alignment could be fix with this too. If you own a capital city you now become a faction. So for example if you own Red Moon your alliance become the Red Moon faction. If a player kills someone from the Red Moon faction inside the capital kingdom that player now has some sort of alignment hit to the Red Moon faction. If a new alliance takes it from the previous they take on the roll of the Red Moon faction and everyone who is red to them.

COULD ( Personally I would like to see this ) Make all holdings just outpost..like a bank and a vender. If the outpost is inside your kingdom you could telelport there. So for example if you put an outpost where Dag is the alliance who owns Red Moon ( White claw? forgot the cap ) could prot there. Less holdings more action.

I can think of a lot of things this could change.. But the big change would be a holding finally worth it to siege, worth it to own, and worth it keep. Five capitals would make these luxuries heavy fought over, and over again with new alliances challenging every week. Right now its pointless to own a city or hamlet, no reason at all I could see that's better then the capital city.

#1 JEDIMind, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:04 AM
  2. Korag

Korag Oak Lord
    Hero

I like some of this, like being able to siege cap cities only I would make people wanna siege it, like while owned you can change the tax rate so that market sales you would get a small percent and possibly add other reward type(s)
    Towers would not need to be changed except for during the siege but it should also only be lessened damage to the attackers and defenders + allies so that any outside robed scroacher's wouldn't be able to be involved directly in the city area fighting

3. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Air Elemental

There's so much you could add like the tax thing to make it more then worth it. If you could own a capital city right now it would be worth it and that's not even adding the countless ideas that can pair with this idea.

Korag likes this.
  4. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

All this would go well with factions big dog
    Good post

5. Korag

Korag Oak Lord
    Hero

I look forward to factions patch
    if they do it right it might could be amazing

Slayven likes this.
  6. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

I truly believe something like this is coming with factions it’s what factions is about...u always have good post Jedi..

Billy Lee likes this.
  7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Air Elemental

Thanks.

Billy Lee likes this.
  8. Mexican Horseman

Mexican Horseman Goblin Scout

If the capping clan got to keep a tax from the vendors/billboards/etc that would make it worthwhile too.

JEDIMind likes this.
  9. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Crypt Guard
    Legend

Why not just revert the changes made in beta that made them worthless in 1st place?