Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Generalized Weapon Choices

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sero, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Sero

Sero Obsidian Golem
    Legend

So a lot of times, setting hotkeys to equip certain weapons can be tedious and annoying, especially when you have a high damage version of a lesser type of sword.

For instance, on my staff select, i have a blackbolt before a omen, but the omen i have is .73 with mana efficency, with 19 dura... when that breaks i'd like to be able to pull out my next best option.

Allow the generalized hotbar icon of "sword" "greatsword" "staff" and the option to select the one in your inventory with the fastest speed or damage, as to avoid stuff like this:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  2. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

So what you are suggesting is to be able to place a type of weapon, staff, sword, how and ignore all other stats OR are you talking about placing just the "type" like, any blackbolt, any corpsecaller, any justicebringer?
    --- Post updated ---
    I can't really tell what you're suggesting, that's why I ask.

3. Sero

Sero Obsidian Golem
    Legend

pick weapon type based on damage

i.e.

pick Gsword with greatest damage. (dawnrazor could have more damage than a justicebringer, or a deepblade could have more damage than a justicebringer, and if that were the case, you'd want to equip the deepblade moreso than a justicebringer because it has higher dps overall.)

pick staff with greatest speed
    or
    pick staff with greatest magnitude
    or
    pick staff with greatest mana efficency

4. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

Interesting thought, though I don't think it's a very practical approach. It would cycle through and examine each greatsword in your backpack and make a decision on which one would be best rather than just having a direct link to the item itself.

5. Sero

Sero Obsidian Golem
    Legend

mmmm, yea i can see how that would be problematic.

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Eodrin
    Legend

That's what it does now except each player has to drag them onto the bar individually. Meaning they have to have them in their inventory just to place them there. Once you get every r50, r60, and r70 onto your weapon slot you're set for it to auto pull the weapon out each time.

So suppose there was an icon that you could drag out of a menu that was just "All Greatswords", and it functioned exactly like dropping each weapon in order of desirability onto the bar. Then the drop down menu had a few options like Highest Rank to Lowest Rank, Highest Dura to Lowest Dura, OR Manual Sort. Then a new player could be instructed to simply choose a weapon type and then choose a hotbar slot and that would be the end of binding Greatswords for the rest of their play time.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that is probably what everyone does now, as the screenshot in the OP appears, that's how most people I know are doing their hotkey for their 2h weapon. For the Ray key it becomes a problem some times because it will start swapping to a different staff sometimes rather than the next ray if you click too fast.

7. Sero

Sero Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Good point. So a first available within a first available of every iteration of sword in the game.

8. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

This issue has been brought up before and hopefully its understood that something should be done. Its broken in a sense and should just remember the last melee weapon you had on. If u have 2 goreaxes, and some decapitators from farming, and you have both types on a melee hotkey, and u white hit 4 times, you wouldn't have a small chance to pull out the other goreaxe nor the decapitators when you hit your melee ability hotkey that has weapons on it, if it just remembered the last weapon you pulled out within that type. That way theres no cycling thru weapons you have in ur bag, just the types u have on ur bar, the order they are in, and the specific weapon of that type so you are only pulling out 1 goreaxe until it breaks, then like normal, would just pull the next one. Maybe could be possible to say have 2 r60s, put the shitty one first on the hotbar, then the second on ontop of the first image, replacing that specific weapon with the last one, and then placing that initial r60 into a secondary status, only to be pulled after the first is lost.

I'd even add a toggle in which would automatically priorities the last melee/range weapon u had on. So for example one could have a buff r70 with low dura for pvp, then be farming with a r50 or something, or even if its a low roll r60 with alot of dura with a high roll r60 with low dura, if it just remembered the last weapon you pulled out, it'd pull out ur farming weapon out automatically because it was the last one on. So you can melee, use spells, then go back to farming melee weapon when u hit melee hotkeys. If you are pvping and you loot a shittier r60, it will never come out because you never put it on. And say u have a default weapon bind for all range/melee weapons, when you use ur default bind for your best weapons, it prioritizes them again for all hot keys.

Would be nice to have a toggle or a refresh that starts and stops the scanning of what you have in ur bag to decide what is best. Can see how it could be problematic, like most things could be, but figure something like this could be and maybe not as impractical specially if its something you can toggle so its not always on or something, so no changes automatically until told to check.

Was just thinking, if you pick up a weapon to put on ur hot bar, before you place it, it should not only highlight hotkeys that already has similar weapons bound to them, but also a way to select a group of hot keys and a way to place one weapon down on a hot key, and it then replicates what you did to the other highlighted keys, eliminating the need to go hot key to hot key and doing it manually.

Edit: Was just told New Dawn does this basically. Isn't too surprising in a sense, though I likely wouldn't like most of what they have done, atleast they are striving and achieving alot of what they want. If a monthly fee would have gotten more out of BPG before launch, should have done it cuz their launch will be better than our, even if its after ours, and think more could have gotten done before launch.

#8 Donaddor Lightbringer, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  9. helgrik

helgrik Spellgazer
    Legend

Another genius idea. BPG, beargrim should attend all brainstorming dev team meettings.

10. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Frostjarl
    Hero

One possibility would be to have an option to right click on gear and designate it as your backup.

onslaught likes this.
  11. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

It's not exactly what happens now because we would be adding in other variables. When time permit's I'll experiment with some options. One of the biggest issues I see with it is the number of times the inventory is "refreshed".

Yes, Sero had a good idea I agree...

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Eodrin
    Legend

Adding new sorting features would be adding other variables. Adding a key that was essentially a macro that included the ID for each Greatsword type is actually exactly what everyone does now. I have my Greatsword key with every greatsword from r70-r50 in order so that if I have a hellraiser, it always pulls the hellraiser before a dawnrazor. Then one day I'll be wearing a dawnrazor and loot a JB and when I press my Greatsword key it will pull the JB without any changing of anything.

Everyone is doing this already, it's just another layer that every new player has to learn: Make a key with every 2h weapon on it. Same with Staves, same with mounts, same with staves, etc. I think my staff key still has every r0 from when I was macroing on stuck mobs.

It's not even Rael's idea, it's just what everyone is doing now except he's asking to have it built in as an option or a drag/drop icon without the mess.

13. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

@kilrain let us apply a staff on the actual spell/skill like DFUW. So annoying that this is not in game.

Also please fix parry mechanic where it doesn't parry correctly.

14. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

Only so many hours in the day. We'll get there.

15. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

I'm not saying now. I suggested this after gui was implemented but I understand there's a delay with fixing bugs and adding content.

16. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

Yeah the GUI needs a lot of work in functionality and performance still. Once some of the more major mechanics are in place we can afford to spend more quality time on it.