Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

ETA on house deeds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vic, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

1. Vic

Vic Fire Elemental
    Legend

So I know BPG has said that deeds will not be in the game from launch, as they are working on a less RNG method of obtaining them.

I believe they want it to be something a player can actually partake in intentionally to get a hold of one, ie purchasing somehow or making it.

I just want to know what the official word is on when you plan to have this in game?

I world without deeds is no world indeed.

Make Agon great again.

2. Lexendros

Lexendros Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

I hope they leave them out until they think up a better way than the RNG of chaos chests.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Goblin Shaman

Didn't know about that. I like that it's going to be less RNG. Craftable where the mats are rare. I like that way better.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  4. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Black Knight
    Legend

Agreed. I'd rather see zero houses for a while than see someone getting a keep deed out of a chaos chest at their starter town goblin spawn.

I also think making preparations for a land-grab would be exciting :)

Nat and Nightmare UDL like this.
  5. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Fire Elemental
    Legend

What kinds of mats would we think would be appropriate? Gold,stone,wood,ingots? Mix of rare mats? Some special rare mob drop?

6. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Infernal
    Legend

They said they were thinking about doing this, they never confirmed they were. I hope they do go this route but they are almost out of time.

7. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Black Knight
    Legend

not ouf of time to remove those lines of code from the chaos chest loot ;)

8. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Infernal
    Legend

True, I hate RNG cause i'm fucking unlucky

9. Vic

Vic Fire Elemental
    Legend

Well they would have to remove it from more than just chaos chests drops, but I am pretty sure I saw that they said that they are REMOVING the deeds from launch while they work on a better method.

I think it would just be nice to know what route they are going down and what is their estimated time frame.

I wouldn't say that I hate the RNGness of it right now, but I do agree with the devs that it could be good for the economy if it actually took something OUT for a deed to come into existence.

I have seen discussions of an auction for them - So each property is globally up for auction, however wins owns it - this is good for the fact that it will take a shitton of gold out, but at the same time it strongly favors those who will concentrate on amassing that gold (if it does turn into an auction)

Also there have been discussions about having to craft it, but again its not an easy topic - just making it tons of various mats and rares just means there will be a quick rush between clans and groups to pool in and secure the good spots quickly. If you make need resources plus a new rare drop component to complete the recipe, then this is still kinda RNG.

So in short, player made deeds will always favor the strong.

Random drop deeds do actually benefit the newer player as it gives them a strong chance to get some sort of advantage (ie by selling or using it) but it also completely random so although there is a big WOW factor, it doesn't give a player the opportunity to strive for getting a home short of endlessly looking for chaos chests.

10. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Goblin Shaman

NeverLucky BabyRage

11. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Windlord
    Legend

Crafting is the only option really

12. kilrain

kilrain Obsidian Golem
    Game Developer

13. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Undead Dwarf
    Tester

When whats done?

14. Dreamfeature

Dreamfeature New Member

I think he means they aren't going to elaborate on their plans until it's done. Wouldn't want people stocking up on harvestables or anything ;)

15. Sean Connery

Tester

The thing about making them craftable is people with multiple accounts like me that will have three accounts hitting nodes nonstop will be the ones to get there deeds first. Arw we sure thats what we want? If so cool! Lol

Clarence Swamptown likes this.
  16. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

Needs to be created from new items added with them, rather than wood/stone/etc thats already in the game

17. kilrain

kilrain Obsidian Golem
    Game Developer

I have no clue what will happen. The question asked was, "when will" not, "what". There is no ETA, hence when it's done.

18. Dreamfeature

Dreamfeature New Member

It's in the game but you still have to attain said items. Why shouldn't people who want to harvest be rewarded for their work? They made it so you have to be active during harvest activities - shouldn't that hold some value?

19. Nat

Nat Eodrin
    Legend

Release them too late and if it's about wealth, the hardcores will snatch up a good share of the houses before anyone else can 'work up' to it. Deeds would then just be used for taking abandoned houses or new houses added.

Vic likes this.
  20. Sean Connery

Tester

I honestly feel no change is needed. Yes its all luck of the click but its completely fair how it is. Everyone has the same chance of getting a deed no matter if you are a fresh spawn or an old school vet. Anything you do to change it favors the vet players or the guys lile me with 4 accounts.

#20 Sean Connery, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM