Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dongeon Recalling out

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Xplozyon, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM.

1. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

Wouldn't it be better to prevent recalling in dongeons?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Goblin Shaman

Dungeons* ;)

I disagree. I see no reason for it and would most likely cause more irritation than good.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  3. Vic

Vic Fire Elemental
    Legend

Definitely not, a lot of never players don't even where the exit is, or that the exit isn't the same place as the entrance. Also many a times, they would find that they can handle say some of the rooms in the dungeon, but would struggle to get through the rest or the one with the exit. Removing recall would give them no way out + its always fun to heard someone recalling, means they have the lootz :)

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  4. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

I don't agree. This is a sandbox pvp game. If everything is easy what's the point? You can recalling anywhere on Agon but in *Dungeon ;) , I think they should prevent it or maybe only accept recalling with marked runestone. The fact that players don't know where's the exit is not a valid point imo. They need to learn the game and it's some more dangerous zone. Dungeon recalling sounds very carebear to me and goes a completely different road of what a dungeon is supposed to be. Dungeons should be all but a place you can go in and out as easy as that.

Owyn Magnus and Wes Furtive like this.
  5. Vic

Vic Fire Elemental
    Legend

So what your saying is, only a prepared vet should be allowed to recall out with a runestone, but a noob shouldn't be able to recall out with his recall button?

I am all for hardcore gameplay but the fact is, we need to attract more people and as a newb explorer who stumbles upon a dungeon he will think, wow this is so fucking cool, after a little while he will realize that he is lost, if you deny the only way out that HE KNOWS OFF, why should he even keep playing the game, that would be such a ragequit moment, to just be stuck somewhere with no way out apart from suicide.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  6. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

Don't really know what you're talking about. It's not like a runestone was the rarest thing on Agon. And why the hell a brand new player will advanture in a dungeon alone? Also, lots of dungeons can be exited almost naked and by crouching.

7. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Goblin Shaman

The reason behind my disagreement is pretty simple. I never saw an issue with recalling out of dungeons. As a fact, it's nice you can do that in case, as already been stated, you are getting trapped or lost etc. Dungeons can be very mind-fuck and it shouldn't prevent you from entering them.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  8. Lexendros

Lexendros Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

No.

9. miasMa

miasMa Infernal
    Legend

10. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

Why the hell there's an exit in every dungeon if you can simply recall? Seriously is this game really became that carebear? I'm not against fast travel but at least the game needs some challenging zones where you need to push a bit harder. And pls if you're that good at losing yourself forever in a dungeon, stop playing games it's not for you.

11. Lexendros

Lexendros Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

You've obviously never been to any of the higher tier or the center dungeon.

12. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

What you expect from the higher tier dungeon? A bank beside the hardest boss? What's next, backpack linked to your bank?

13. Lexendros

Lexendros Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Stop.

We're talking about recalling out of dungeons, which should always be allowed.

14. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

Well, where do you think you're recalling, to a bank...

15. Lexendros

Lexendros Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

You are mentally deficient in the ways of this game and no positive outcome will be derived from this discourse.

16. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Chosen of Khamset

I don't like the idea of recalling out, but understand why its there.

I think a simple compromise would be to double the recall casting time in a dungeon to prevent someone from getting out before you can get to them?

Or maybe simply allow them to recall but only to right outside the dungeon?

My reasoning is because I feel dungeons should be high risk and high reward.

17. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

That's my thinking too. But double the time to recall or recalling out at dungeon entrance won't work either. Dungeon already have the exit. Just don't understand in what it's good for the game to safety recall from a dangerous place. It's like the only dangerous thing in the game are players and the mobs are there to make your rich and in the safest way.

18. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Black Knight
    Legend

I feel you but a MAJOR downfall of being forced to use the teleport exit would be people who know you're in the dungeon camping the exit location. That wouldn't be fun at all and is probably a major reason you can still recall.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you

19. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Dire Zombie
    Legend

That's why I propose the use of a marked rune to prevent that. At least it's good for the economy. You pay for your safety.

20. Vic

Vic Fire Elemental
    Legend

There are many reasons against it though when it comes to new player experience, as have been stated. Not knowing how to get out, or getting lost, not physically being strong enough too and also the fact that camping exits is already a thing, this would make it worse, but I don't think in a good pvp hotspot way.

Also not all of the dungeons are that good, many are considered noob dungeons, so unless you plan on segregating this ruleset based on the chest in the dungeon, this was harm so many new players.

One thought that I did have for dungeons though, it to make mobs aggro a lot further than they currently do, this is to prevent people from just running through all of the room to get to the chest and then exit.