Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - July 15th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Read for the notes of today's patch and make sure to stay tuned for the design discussions this weekend.

Read more: Patch Notes - July 15th, 2017

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

Will the Wall of Shame have the names of the people that were banned since launch on i t?

3. WizardKing

WizardKing Goblin Warlord
    Tester

Looks good. Can't wait to see how mounts feel. And finding the golems? Cool.

Fengor likes this.
  4. Orumus

Orumus Goblin Scout
    Hero

Seems the patch added a spell damage bug. Maybe something to do with the mob healing fix implemented. Fighting troll shamans and troll lords today and half the spells didn't do any damage. I think lightning bolt , unholy caress and frost bite still hit them but the bolts did no damage.

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

Thanks you BPG for the nerf/buff on mounts.

It's time to solo roam like i used to...

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Goblin Warrior

I like everything but the queueing for weapon changing . This seems like your answer to help a few with high ping is to make all have to have a slow response to weapon changes, I'm not a fan of this at all.

7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

it cant be slow, its a que. If you do an action, and then do another action within the que time, it will perform the action once the "action timer" is off cd. Prior to the que, it would do nothing.

Scrubby Bear, Ylahoto, Sero and 2 others like this.
  8. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

It doesn't slow anything down at all. If you click the button a split second too soon it will still allow the weapon to swap/skill to queue up. My guess is you haven't tested it out yet, because it's not what you think.

9. Wizzy

Wizzy Goblin Warrior

Well that is definitely different way of looking at it vs how I read it. If this is the case then I am not against this.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have not , I'm not able to log in and didn't partake in the testing. I read this as adding a queue to changing weapons to compensate for higher ping players to help them have a more level playing field . I was wrong in my assumption
    --- Post updated ---
    Since the gold return on trade routes have bee removed does this mean you don't need gold to start it ?

If it still takes gold I would expect the return on materials are going to be insane as the price of housing materials is not too high va the risk of losing the gold .can someone who did testing confirm if it's worth it or what the return is ?

kilrain likes this.
  10. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.c...acks-zergvzerg-meta-inc-sea-tower-loot.13390/

Wizzy likes this.
  11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Any more info on spells used etc.? Tried to replicate on test server with no success.

Fengor likes this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Cairn Giant
    Legend

i killed selegolems using necro bolts.

13. Pimptight

Pimptight Frostjarl
    Streamer Legend

i get a bunch of inventory operation failed and my weapon switching is slower also i get stuck parrying for no reason now

14. gosti

gosti Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Queuing? Finally.

MikeJT likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Eodrin
    Legend

I... I love you? I love you.

16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

old crafted mounts still have 400hp. now, i dont think that's fair at all. I feel lucky enough that i've crafted 20+ slow mounts before the patch.

With all the rumors going around, i don't think that's a good look. I mean, for the ppl who knew about the changes, i'm pretty sure some of them have a bunch of old 400hp crafted mounts in their bank.

Next time, i think you should warn us in advance. At the same time, i think you should wipe-out the outdated stuff. that's exactly what BPG do.

This is a full loot game and everything has to be fair.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  17. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Health is the same because it wasnt changed. Neilk said in discord earlier it would be in next maintenance(tomorrow morning)

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  18. Rimamok

Rimamok Akathar
    Legend

I love most of the changes, really nice patch. But what's with the reduced siege timers? Now casual players can get fucked out of their holdings in an even SHORTER period of time. Are you trying to drive everyone but elites out of the game? I'm seriously baffled at what this achieves.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  19. Frog

Frog Varangian Warthane
    Hero

what?? what casual clan has won a defensive siege solely because of how long the siege timers are?

if anything the longer timers favor hardcore players that can devote 3+ hours to the siege, they just wait until the defending side is bored out of their minds, unaware, and unbuffed and mount pushes them to victory. with a shorter timer there will be more action and it will be a lot easier for players with less time (aka casuals) to attend.

maybe you're seeing something i'm not but i can't fathom how you could dislike this change. sieges are fun for probably 10% of the time, the rest is such a waste

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  20. RootedOak

RootedOak Eodrin
    Legend

1. This allows for the defenders to possibly destroy the siege stones, but also lowers the total wait-fall of a siege. Essentially nerfing the attacking side's odds of holding all the fights while defending the Siege Stone.
    2. This allows for Defenders to turtle up in their holding rather than face the long dark three hour wait time. Puts more pressure for attackers to "attack" the holding.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.