Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - August 12th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Aug 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM.

1. Kalos

Kalos Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

if i ever play again, im going to miss this.

reagent weights should be lowered.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kylock Linoge likes this.
  2. negocromn

negocromn Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Good patch, but base materials are waaaay too easy to get now, you guys went overboard with the gathering changes.

Cyban likes this.
  3. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Deadeye
    Legend

I had 77 Archery pre-patch now I'm at 3.89? Same with all my other melee skills that were in the 30s all are now 2.xx.

I've been logged on for 5 minutes and I'm already tired of the durability bars.

Quin Tessence likes this.
  4. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Turn em off

Dixie Normus, BertHulka and Fengor like this.
  5. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Air Elemental
    Hero

Guildmates are saying that dueling and farming sucks without maintenance. Base mats may be far easier to get, but dueling and farming with gear that takes rare ore means that rare ore burns out faster, making high end gear more rare. Also, harvesting is kind of more tedious because you get overweight much faster. You have to do more recalls and more trips between the bank and the nodes.

Please nerf Rage. It has too high of an impact on the meta right now.

6. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

If Rage is going to be nerfed field AoE's absolutely have to be nerfed first. Rage is one of the best aggressive counters to magic spam currently.

aaraym and Fengor like this.
  7. Liverbest Gibs

Hero

Mages with good armor bags are using it, too. They are killing people easily who don't know how powerful it is, and don't use it. It's a single skill that has too high an impact on balance.

8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

It takes a massive amount of mana so if a mage uses it, reset the fight then re-engage with a huge stat advantage.

Ikaika Koa and Fengor like this.
  9. Liverbest Gibs

Hero

Way to simplify a complex situation. Almost anytime you are forced to go on the defensive, you are at a disadvantage. Resetting the fight doesn't always work.

10. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Frostjarl
    Legend

Please make item dur bars inadvisable until they are at 40% or less

11. Reptar

Reptar Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Really disappointed with the durability changes this patch. You guys actually doubled the amount of tedium it takes to get gear in this game. What an idiotic change. The rest of it barely matters. Race changes were cool, but over all BPG made terrible changes in regard to gear. Bad patch.

Fengor, Harley Franklin, Hook and 3 others like this.
  12. aaraym

aaraym Crypt Guard
    Legend

I play the game casual. I play an hour or two a night.

I can't even get enough to make one Full Plate set and I have played since launch.

I have a decent (~25) amount of rares excluding theryl and seletine but until a few weeks ago when my clan opened the mine and I got a bind near a rare golem I had much less.

The skins needed to make better then full plate just aren't available to me. I don't have the time to find a group in an hour or two to hit the spawns that drop them.

Until this point I have been using all my gold in meditation to try and keep up.

I honestly do not think the average elite player remotely understand the average casual players very well.

Gear only available to a certain segment of the players (for whatever reason) having a significant advantage over the other players will just drive away the same casuals they are trying to appeal to.

Whether its character or gear large advantages just will not work if casual and less tedium is the goal.

13. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Infernal
    Hero

Yes, this threw me off so hard. I feel like this was a gigantic waste of time, unless somehow having the skill level stay the same gave them trouble with other shit?

Kylock Linoge and Ikaika Koa like this.
  14. Mycke

Mycke Black Knight

I think their goal is to make power levels more obvious since everything worked in tiers anyway, but only vets understood the increments.

Rimamok likes this.
  15. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

Please bring back maintenance and trueforge. Durability sucks at the moment, it's pointless to enchant anything right now.

16. Buffalo Spaceman

Hero

Only a vet will understand the increments now as well, what is the difference?

Also making durability go quick due to maintenance and trueforge was a terrible idea.

17. MikeJT

MikeJT Celestial
    Supporter

Good patch.

Although the 0.05-5 system is a little pointless. It should just be 1-100 like it used to be.

Simple solution is to not use high end gear for a duel unless it really counts.

I think the idea is to make high end gear wear out faster and drive people towards using lower tier gear.

18. Liverbest Gibs

Hero

You wear whatever level of gear you can afford. If you play that little, maybe you wear scale or studded. There is no way to give gear value and create a system where someone playing 1 or 2 hours per night can compete with anyone in the way of gear level.

For a MMORPG with a monthly subscription, you need long term goals to keep people playing for a long time. If these harvesting changes stand, and that same general direction stands, then I'm definitely gone. It pains me to say this, but I'm not going to waste my time with a full loot game where loot doesn't matter. Sorry. Please, straighten this out, BPG. This is one of the worst patches I have seen in any Darkfall. The only thing I like are the durability bars.

19. Buffalo Spaceman

Hero

The harvesting changes effect r40 and plate gear, thats it. Unless they significantly increased rares somewhere i missed in the patch notes.

If r40s and plate being easy to get is enough to make you leave, you dont give two shits about the survival of the game anyhow.

20. Rimamok

Rimamok Windlord
    Legend

Once they replace the decimals with progress bars, I think it'll be understood by the great majority of people. But yeah, making the change to a 1-5 system BEFORE progress bars was in, seems like somewhat of a mistake.

Wes Furtive likes this.