Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Road Map 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Eodrin
    Legend

Because with out it all you guys just end up bank sitting after 4 months?

Because without it trade and the economy is dogshit/ non existent?

Because without it dying and losing or winning and looting gear becomes meaningless?

Because if people can really have it all by themselves and don't NEED other players society collapses?

Were you raised by a feminist single mother or something?

This is an MMO if u want to be an antisocial ADD instant gratification kiddie go play Overwatch

The vast majority of You are not action/ content creators who are willing to Log in and round up nerds to go raid other peoples cities for pvp just for the sake of pvp

BPG must force you dumb bastards to get out in the world and farm/ fight over scarce resources CONTINUOUSLY EVEN LONG TERM

Otherwise 95% of kids won't do shit But sit around and bitch for "content" and you goddamn know it

If they are busy just trying to farm and fight over enough stuff to survive they won't be complaining about lack of content and guess what fewer and harder to get resources= more people forced to farm more often and for longer= far more open world pvp= MORE FUCKING DYNAMIC CONTENT

The fact that I even have to explain any of that shit or why city portal chambers are BAD makes me worried about the longevity of RoA

You don't know what's good for you

Hopefully BPG does

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Schnid

Schnid Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Nah, love your passion for the game man but just no. If I can't log in and put together a gear bag in 30 minutes and/or find pvp in 10 minutes I'm going to log off...same goes for all of my previous clanmates who used to go hard in Darkfall back in the day but now just can't be bothered to break through all the fun barriers.

PvP needs to be far more accessible and your suggestions only make it more difficult for the casuals as well as making the power gap between new and old players much larger.

onslaught, Circa and RootedOak like this.
  3. Aristos Giannes

Hero

This is why PvE needs to get overhauled and made interesting and fun itself, instead of feeling tedious.

4. RootedOak

RootedOak Eodrin
    Legend

These need to be in game as soon as possible so problems can be ironed out or city chambers readded. Launching without extensive testing of that could be very harmful to the eventual health of the game.

By that I mean the locations of theservice portals, potential forgotten deadzones, and places that should see more portal access.

Fengor likes this.
  5. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

That too actually.
    Log in, go to player vendor and purchase whatever you need. You should be able to equip multiple gear bags in less than 10 minutes .

Lockz likes this.
  6. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Spellgazer

i'm into things being hard to get out in the open world to create content, say even having to camp mobs for long periods of time for really rare drops. I am however not into huge character grind gaps and having to sit there idle with my toon left clicking or auto looping something 100000xxxx to be able to compete thats just dumb. CREATE OPEN WORLD CONTENT NOT MORE GRIND

Fengor, Andrew and Aristos Giannes like this.
  7. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Celestial
    Legend

Eventually elite clans rivals WILL be their neighbors and as for the rest ,you assume sieging will be left unchanged which I doubt.

I know TONS of people who would love to play small clan but cannot because currently the play style is nerfed due to elite clans fucking everyone else over so much they have 2 options: join Zerg or give up

Green Chili likes this.
  8. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Varangian Warthane
    Hero

The desired effect would have enter a portal at per say human lands, that jumps you to orc lands, then one from orc to dwarf... dwarf... to mahirim... keep going, now keep that going to sub continents.

Entrance to next portal exit should be like no further than 5 minutes apart... you could traverse the whole map in like 45 minutes... but instead of going from niffle to cairn... u hit every main land area, every subcontinent in those 45 minutes... instead of a b-line to cross the map finding nothing...

This will put everyone traveling along the same route... making chaos portal exit camping real... and this will put all the pvpers looking for pvp on a small scale level jumping around the map... running into eachother.

9. MikerotchBAGFACE

it better not cost portal shards or some stupid fucking mat that you have to spend 100 hours grinding.

10. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Celestial
    Legend

They already said they wouldn't cost a thing to use, maybe read?

11. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Exactly. You shouldn't have to tediously grind a mob for hours to get a decent amount of just one mat needed out of 30 to make a gearbag. Or at the very least, you farming that mob should have importance elsewhere in the game. Like affecting territory control or quests or something.

PvE should be hard and engaging, but with good rewards. I want to crawl through a tough dungeon with a large party and kill a tough as shit boss and be able to get loads of the mat I need, but only be able to do that once in a while. I'd rather have fun putting in a lot of effort into getting a huge reward that I can only get once per day/week/whatever, than putting in minimal effort for hours on end making just one bag while i'm really just watching Netflix in the background.

12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Sadly there is people crying earlier in the threat demanding usage of portal shards... where you are correct mike... there needs to be 0 cost to deter people from using these constantly.
    --- Post updated ---
    If they did come out with a hub like asheron's call... ooo goodness the pvp incoming :D Doubt they will tho.

13. MikerotchBAGFACE

I would like to see certain mob bosses drop certain sets or something like that, remove some of the tedious crafting grind and make pve more rewarding and generate more hot spots.

Fengor and Aristos Giannes like this.
  14. Schnid

Schnid Skeleton Archer
    Hero

If I can farm up enough gold for a competitive gearbag in 30 minutes I'll be happy. Is that the plan though?

Circa likes this.
  15. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Team Lead

I personally think it should cost around 50-100g per hop just to suck a little bit of money out of the system.

16. Aristos Giannes

Hero

You can already by killing one of the boss mobs. Problem is they're kinda dull af to fight. The demon's the most fun out of them. The Fire Dragon wouldn't be nearly as bad if it didnt randomly fly off for 5 min at a time. If it cooperates 3 people can kill it in <20 min.

17. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

Rest of the post cool but i dont understand this...
    Why would i want to bind at a chaos stone with no bank near it?
    Am I missing some thing here.
    OK i can use my portal home to a bank in Capitol city every 4 hours. Then i recall to chaos stone farm for the 30 mins or use portal system. Then I got to worry about getting to a bank after..Ill have to see how this plays out not knocking it.
    Interesting Theory not saying it wrong just interesting.
    trying to paint a picture of why binding at that particular stone would be beneficial i guess.

18. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

First off THANK YOU! for being apart of Darkfall and the return and working so hard. If I may, I think you are getting to carried away in you inner circle "WE" and you are forgetting why " US " customers play Darkfall. a lot of things you have done is great but you turn around and take away just as much. and its the meat of the game you are taking away. As for me standing back looking you guys are taking everything people like to do in this game and injecting it with an Asian twist or taking away our choice and determining it for "US".
    stop the new player mindset and build a CHALLANGING game that keeps your customers. my god you forget you have in your hand a customer base don't go and try focus on a new player idea so much and loose both.
    I feel that you guys are changing in some areas that was core gameplay features well loved by all and distorting it and making it not about choice but mandatory work.

19. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

And that spawns how often so thats how many people a day get this benefit..it was old DFO people would get up server up to farm these if i remember correctly.

Schnid likes this.
  20. gosti

gosti Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Um..

404 Page not found

wtf i can't read the road map