Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Road Map 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I didnt read most of your post but to this point, no it shouldn't. The items required to to make high level weps/armour should be difficult to obtain (but not impossible) giving gear bags/items value unlike DFUW were everyone had everything and gear ment nothing. There was no reason to go out into the world to get specific resources because everything dropped everything. Finding someone to craft for you shouldnt be a task in itself. It took me 2 hours last night to find someone to craft me r50 bows. This will turn players away FACT. There also needs to be some kind of incentive for players with maxed crafting to craft for other players because currently once a player maxes a crafting skill they are less likely to go out of there way to do any crafting for you.

onslaught and Circa like this.
  2. Eazy_Peazy

Eazy_Peazy New Member
    Hero

I have been playing this beta for a couple of months now. I've gotten to a point where it feels like that mid level slump where, I know what I need to do, but I feel like it's so much work to get there. I know they are going to wipe the servers anyway before launch so what's the point. I still log in, and try to work on my character, or get into whatever the clan is up to. However, I want to beta test it as much as I can to help with the load on the development side. I'm still not pvp viable, but I like throw some heals on my bros and try to contribute before I get ganked. Anyway, I know this is a pointless post, but hey, I'm throwing my 2 cents in here. Maybe someone will Troll me, and I'll get a laugh or two out of it.

On a brighter note, I'm still super pumped to see that DF is now resurrected from the catacombs of vaporware. I still remember the first time I logged in, and had no clue wtf was up with the weird interface, and clunky controls. AFK swimming soon became my best skill, next to afk running into a wall. Ahh, those where good times! But now it is time to hold those memories close to my heart, and suck it up and help get this incarnation of DF going on the right track. I think I'll go log in now and work on archery or bow making.

Fengor likes this.
  3. Traxon

Traxon Goblin Warrior
    Legend

It's been a while since I logged on for any length of time (I generally just check meditation atm) for a number of reasons, not game related. However, after the last patch affecting crafting and skill-up mechanics I remember some in-game comments regarding it being nigh on impossible to max out smelting which is needed for the highest level metal(s). Has this since been fixed ? If it hasn't then this needs to be included in the craft fixes/tweaks too.

RootedOak likes this.
  4. BeatIt

BeatIt Black Knight
    Legend

if its like AC portal network like deslock said it should be better. i hope they will put a lot of chambers cause the map is fucking huge

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Circa, Fengor and Strip Tease like this.
  5. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

[
    This is where some sort of global auction house would fill in the blank. For said person that maxes out on crafting say bows they could sell them on the auction house and that would allow people to buy them without having to track someone down.

6. aparks

aparks Black Knight
    Legend

Lol

7. kilrain

kilrain Cairn Giant
    Developer

Man if I could snap my fingers and implement all the ideas we have for this game before launch we'd be set!

It's tough when trying to determine what gets put in first and what has to wait. Sometimes it comes down to mechanics and which ones make more sense to be first. Sometimes it comes down to time. A lot of it comes down to time. Sometimes the decisions are based on current players and some are made for incoming players, sometimes both. I know it can be difficult to see, but there actually is a lot of content in the game the problem is we've just been pounding it for years so it doesn't feel like content anymore. Just imagine brand new players, they have yet to experience any of it. A majority of what we're putting in actually is content or compliments existing content. The content coming in is probably dismissed because it isn't the exact piece of the puzzle you were looking for, or isn't what you specifically requested. An unfortunate side effect of having such a diverse community, many of which are much less vocal on the forums.

Yes we have discussed new PVE mechanics similar to champion spawns and when we figure out exactly how we are going to implement them we will. The "look ahead" section is a brief overview of things that have been discussed, but it's not exhaustive. There are a lot more things that are still in the discussion and design phases that could in some fashion make it to the game. More involved and expansive trade routes, actual farming, dynamic mission tasks (if you ever played Eve, missions), "champion like" spawns - yes we've discussed this mechanic quite a bit and will be looking into it more. Plus a lot of other things I can't think of atm.

Contrary to some rumors we do not have 30 game developers :) but we will never stop adding to the game.

8. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Infernal
    Hero

This is the problem, you're jsut slowly adding pieces to a currently existing puzzle. Give us a few new little puzzles.

9. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Dire Zombie
    Legend

please let us trade houses via trade window so we aren't required to use a middle man or simply outright trust the other individual.

10. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

'Content' has definitely been a popular blanket statement lately. I'm assuming what most people mean by it is a reason to leave their cities and fight for something or farm/grind towards something. The new staff crafting created some content imo, despite how poor of a change it was to combat unfortunately.

But a few of the changes lately seem to have given incentive to roam the world less if anything. For example, being able to get filthy rich on an island in the middle of nowhere at any time of night (I really like the concept of an island of death, but it should be just that. Not able to be farmed by 2 guys in robes. Or at least you cant access such great high tier mobs 24/7 and must wait for specific spawning windows, or activate them somehow), or being able to farm ridiculous gold/hr at a 12 menhir spawn right outside a bank and not have to farm again for a week. And now I can just buy Q3 mats and turn them into the Q4 ones that are a pain. And none of the changes give any 'meaning' to fights that players are looking for. To me, im an RPGer so I want to find that meaning in quests and areas of the game tied to lore. Like hunting enemies of my race and helping out a massive racial war. I havnt played Eve, but if thats in the direction of more detailed quests, or even group quests, count me excited.

11. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Eodrin
    Legend

I promise you that was only because its beta no ones playing and especially no ones crafting

Also if crafting is hard then people who reach max WILL be rare and will have an incentive to craft for you because you will have to actually PAY them to craft with your mats or buy stuff they made from THEM because thats the only way you can get it.

Its a shame thats the only part of my post you read btw

12. Sique

Sique Oak Lord
    Legend ANN Reporter

Pretty sure that's a lie.

13. RootedOak

RootedOak Cairn Giant
    Legend

As has been said many times on the subject of portal removal. The only thing this does is give elite clans a good reason to siege their neighbors rather than their rivals.

Any clan can own any number of holdings they want because with siege timers they will always be able to attend.

As was seen in DFUW, alliances will still congregate into a single Capitol holding for safety. It's very rare for clans to splinter off and do their own thing. This will be more and more clear with launch when zergs emerge.

14. kilrain

kilrain Cairn Giant
    Developer

Which part? Very curious since I've just been called a liar without any context.

Fengor likes this.
  15. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Spellgazer

why is it that this community is full of people who want to reward the tedious / poopsockyness parts of this game. Not being able to be casual and completely self efficient is a bad thing and discourages / hinders solo and small scale players.

16. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

This is all i need to hear big dog sorry for the rant and ill try to patiently wait it out your awesome for replying and reading and giving a fuck...says alot to me and i hope the community here see this..your the man hopefully we can give you some more money for more help.

RootedOak likes this.
  17. Aristos Giannes

Hero

But for real @kilrain can these super spawns and Namlit get beat over the head with the nerf bat? There's a reason why the original devs put huge cooldowns on the big boss mobs in the game. Being able to camp a spawn all day and make obscene gold/hr throws a wrench into the economy by heavily favoring the elite clans. These spawns shouldn't be a constant thing you can farm at 3 am in safety. Buffing the devil spawn was a great first step.

RootedOak likes this.
  18. kilrain

kilrain Cairn Giant
    Developer

All loot tables are being looked at and adjusted and we can make changes to the mob spawns once that happens.

Fengor and Aristos Giannes like this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

They are probably testing how a large spawn would handle would be my guess..Ive been known to be wrong to.. just a guess.

20. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Cool, thanks for addressing my concerns. I appreciate it.