Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Road Map 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jan 7, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Read our Early Access Road Map where we outline our goals and areas of focus for Early Access.

Read more: Early Access Road Map 2017

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 MWTaylor, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. NonFactor

NonFactor Cairn Giant
    Legend

1. Portal chambers will be removed from player holdings
    2. Wilderness portals will be placed throughout the map providing one-way travel to various locations
    SUCKS.

3. Super Star

Super Star Cairn Giant
    Legend

what are you guys doing? how is DND supposed to use the "Roa has no roadmap" excuse anymore

RootedOak, AdamDMC and DAlonso like this.
  4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

1. So far you have made crafting into a even more cancerous grind cesspool. Please don't keep doing this. In fact, fix what you have already done so far first.
    2. Cost are getting too high per item. Every time you do this you are increasing the down time and the power gap. More mandatory PvE, less fun game play.
    3. No word about needed combat balances like wof removal/revamp?

The other stuff looks great. Just not so much the economy and crafting grind. Also worrisome that wof still isn't addressed.

5. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

I'm against free portal access, it should still require a portal shard. If anything, make portal shards craftable using gems and or essences.

I also dont like the idea of implementing shieldcrafting. There's already a lot of unnecessary divisions between skills imo. Like armorsmithing and weaponsmithing or bowyer and staffcrafting. I'd rather see: Smithing and Woodcarving or something like that imo.

Nobody crafts shields except when they want to be ballers with shredders or to grind armorsmithing.

#5 RagnarokDel, Jan 7, 2017
    Korag, RootedOak, Myater and 2 others like this.
  6. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Reverse Engineered Unholy Wars. what else will UW2 have this time?

7. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Why does every crafting skill require a mastery? Why not just have one skill, with less worthless bullshit that you have to craft in order to level it. I would like to see something like this:
    Level 1: Pretty bad item that can be used by new characters but will be obsolete for the most part.
    Level 20: Item that is decent for new players against most mobs that they will be facing.
    Level 40: Item that is good for most pve and fair for day to day pvp.
    Level 60: Good everyday pvp item.
    Level 80: Very good pvp item, expensive but not prohibitively so.
    Level 100: Top end pvp gear that is expensive enough to only be used in large group warfare.

That is all you really need, you don't need 7 different stages of garbage before you can hit something you can use like with Staff crafting.

8. Fengor

Fengor Black Knight

What is the plan for Portal shards then?

9. Super Star

Super Star Cairn Giant
    Legend

Costs aside, some people only enjoy crafting. So as much as adding certain masteries/proffs may suck, a lot of people who only do that sort of thing may like it. On top of that they can maybe add in quests down the line that give proffs exp, dailies, turn-ins etc that remove some of the grind burden. Theres lots of room to add things to make it better. As much as self sufficiency is great, dont look at it like "fuck, now i cant max all proffs myself"

10. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

A little worried on how the economy will behave but I like most of what you got planned. Do it up.

Brace yourselves for the Wen-Content posts.

That being said I would also be interested in hearing their thoughts about "Content", being new mobs, dungeons, activities and the like that likely scope sometime after the newly released roadmap.

#10 Lakisuria_Moonglade, Jan 7, 2017
  11. NonFactor

NonFactor Cairn Giant
    Legend

theres alot of holdings in shit locations like seelie, ice island cities, etc....

u really think ppl will populate that?

im all against portal chambers removal

12. Scrubby Bear

Hero

Thing is the crafting grinds are so cost prohibitive that it will turn away solo/small scale players. The staff crafting grind alone is insane. Diminishing returns hit way too hard and gains aren't enough. Its also very bad that aside from increasing the grind in crafting, they didn't really make it more natural a progression. All the low level stuff is still complete junk not even worth crafting. It isn't even the fault of mob drop gear, its literally just so bad its better to save the resources and go naked. A good example is again staff crafting. You can't make a single useful staff until black bolts. Those are level 100. So its a double slap in the face. You finally grind to a staff you could actually sell or use yourself, and its at 100 skill so you don't even get gains from it. If they wanted it to be a natural progression black bolts would be like 0-25 skill. Something you can make early and start actually making a profit on. Instead its literally just a resource sink where you vendor the vast majority of it to get a small amount of gold back.

That isn't well designed crafting at all. A new player should be able to log in and have at least one item they can craft that is actually useful to them and other people. This should be a stepping stone towards the next useful item. All we have right now is a bunch of useless material fodder and a painful grind.

Crunchy, KorusoUno, bLankszor and 7 others like this.
  13. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

they can make Seelie special AF by adding a portal that goes to Niffleheim, Mahirim Lands and Mirdain lands on the island if they want

Dixie Normus likes this.
  14. Scrubby Bear

Hero

Hopefully craftable nexus sets :D

Towel, RootedOak, Inkarnation and 7 others like this.
  15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Really excited about a lot of this stuff. If you guys can get in deployable vendors and travel speeds on roads/currents before launch I would be stoked though. I'm sure you guys can do it considering the amount of work you've done so far.

These are all the things that are a priority imo, not the recent changes to combat. While the weapon changes were nice, they definitely weren't needed, and shouldn't have been a priority. The staff change needs to be reworked or simply reverted. The new r70, and even r60, staves offer -way- too much damage potential. Not to mention stacking all the elements onto one staff removes a lot of potential diversity and was a huge buff to spamming those 4 rays, particularly being able to have a very hard hitting impale without having to use an earth staff (the main reason to use one before). Now you can spam knockups like every other mage without sacrificing any damage and don't have to rely on one school. Debuffing+bolts with the new speed is definitely powerful, but there's really no need to with the huge damage potential playing the normal meta already gives you with 4 schools being buffed. R70 weapons seem to be bugged, and the extra tiny bit of reach on paper actually ends up being a significant amount in game. (the game might not be properly recognizing such a tiny difference, and instead round up to 2.5 for example instead of 2.1).

If combat does need to be addressed, let's try to balance the areas that -do- need work, like WoF and knockups and currently destro+mounts.

16. Scrubby Bear

Hero

And inversely they can make several mainland portals that go to seelie. It allows them to make the map smaller without actually making it smaller.

17. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

Yeah, you can have a relatively shitty holding become super useful because of it's proximity to more wilderness portals then other holdings that are currently considered the bests in the game.

18. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

Any word on Content actual shit to do other than hope a village goes live near you...Champ Spawns have you guys discussed this at all?
    I still see no content after Launch ahh wtf....same bank stare game.
    Rare rewards for crafting ok now your getting some where.

Implement every thing on your road map and we still have the same bank stare game with fast travel and some new UI and scrolls..what are your guys suggestions for content. New boss fights..Raids of npcs in citys. I still don't see any thing that's going to get people away from the bank other than villages and go farm some gear.

Please don't get me wrong you guys are doing more for game QOL shit but when does that end and we actually get more things like sea towers fukin something.

GUYS
    BUILD THE FUKIN CHAMP SPAWNS ALREADY!! fuck my life man
    Andrew sup big dog come chat chat with me brother let me help.

19. Super Star

Super Star Cairn Giant
    Legend

I completely agree with that, it is unfortunate that going staff to staff kind of just feels like burning mats due to the fact that the low level staves are pretty awful. Higher yield from nodes wouldnt "fix" that issue, but it would at least take your mind off it quicker until you hit a staff "of use"

RootedOak likes this.
  20. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Infernal
    Hero

I don't see any mention of any new actual content, like things to make players want to actually play the game....