Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Development Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Today we release our Early Access Development Update which covers what to expect in our next patch and our progress on our Early Access Road Map.

Read more: Early Access Development Update

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

First!!!

Good read. Respawn scaling is good and very interested in hearing you guys going through a massive overhaul of the economy. Sounds like alot of portal networks but looking at those pictures figure maybe some locations will have 2 1 way exits to 2 different location.

(*edit, just wanted to stress that I still have my own likes/dislikes on the issue, not just with the number initially but mostly revolving around holding pcs and wilderness pcs not being 2 way.)

Think one main aspect which I wouldn't be surprised if you guys already covered it is ensuring new players go through getting the mats to make gear bags aswell as piecing together gear bags with what they loot and explaining different types of sets that appeal to different styles including the encumbrance implications that would apply to certain builds, with actual number difference comparisons in offenses and defenses, like how much points u lose on skills/whitehits and how much hp you save from certain attacks to get a better display of trade offs.

#2 Donaddor Lightbringer, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Celestial
    Legend

looks good!

Bloodscar and Fengor like this.
  4. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Nice read, keep pounding out that code!

leth1337, Bloodscar and Fengor like this.
  5. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

6. Fengor

Fengor Black Knight

Atta boys. Keep up the good work.

TyteDaddyTite and Bloodscar like this.
  7. NonFactor

NonFactor Cairn Giant
    Legend

i'll find something to complain...

until it, good job.

Wes Furtive and Fengor like this.
  8. Kilset

Kilset Frostjarl
    Hero

portals actually look dope as fuck

9. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Winterbound
    Legend

Everything looks great and I am very happy with the direction you guys are currently taking. A+.

10. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

You know you dont HAVE to complain

11. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

Load screen player tip should be. "Players who remain positive have a 33% less chance of turning out to be Non-Factor".

Fengor, Owyn Magnus, Sero and 2 others like this.
  12. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I let my suspicions get the best of me, I did some back end routing and hacked into the BPG's private image folder. I found this:

[​IMG]

Looks like BPG is just stealing resources from club penguin. As you can see the staff clearly lines up.

Rath TNT, Oresmacker, Keflon and 20 others like this.
  13. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Dire Zombie
    Tester

"We will be focusing on some of the combat updates that we want to work on after the game launches, and part of that will tie into the professions of Armorsmithing, Tailoring and Shieldcrafting."

Sounds like armors/encumbrance may tie in to the new specialization format?

14. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think so, i think what he meant is that combat is directly related to armorsmithing/shield crafting/tailoring so if we change those or add new armors the balance/meta will be changed, so i believe the plan is to do combat related patches touching on spells/armor/general balances and such at a later date.

The crafting specializations are still being worked on/discussed as to what direction we want to go with them, the last iteration that was posted was the ability to specialize in a limited number granting you bonuses in that specific profession (potentially better roles, less material, faster crafting speed as examples)

15. RootedOak

RootedOak Eodrin
    Legend

Four new portal entrance locations revealed (technically 8).

Fengor and TyteDaddyTite like this.
  16. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

You caught us. New penguin race confirmed.

17. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Stormgraive
    Hero

So, you are adding a "horde mode". Interesting, I hope it works out.

I'm usually not one to complain about graphics, but that vendor booth looks like a rickety junk pile, with rusty crap for sale. Any chance I can ask the artist to jazz it up a little? Maybe add some bright colors and attractive items. Also, it would be helpful if the number of items on the shelves somewhat reflected the number of items for sale. At a glance, you might be able to spot booths that are nearly sold out versus ones that are stocked heavy with stuff.

I hope that bulletin board idea is still in the works, where you can get a listing of specific vendor booths that sell what you want to buy. Browsing 100+ booths, for example, to find that one resource or item would be a real time waster.

miasMa and Sero like this.
  18. Magos

Magos Deadeye
    Supporter

I really love that you are adding the named unique rare mobs. I hope you give them good loot :)
    I'd love to see you incorporate those into story lines so you add those in with the lore for it going in at the same time. With loot tables that are specific to that story line/event.

The ports look real nice as well as the vendor shop very nice art there. I miss in the old days of DF (more AC really) where you could run through portals to activate them. How about at least if you run into it, it starts the cooldown? Its the little things that create the atmosphere heh :)

Also about the task system, it sounds prob good for starter quests but if its anything like a traditional quest system for other mmos where your getting "tasks" off npcs....theres also simpler ways to deliver quests without needing so many new npcs like for instance in AC the first starter quests were hand written notes on the vendor. And they were good, and well written, and took you a little ways outside of town looking for some treasure. They weren't really kill quests they were rumors of treasure or adventure to be had. Here I found where they are listed in all their glory: http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rumors
    Absolute story telling gold right there, recipe for success! My fav was The Blazing Staff of Branith. Man didn't I have some some pre pubescent nerdgasms over that rumor haha. Its the story telling I guess giving just enough to set your imagination running while not really telling you too much. The lore and story and the actual finding of the item were all that mattered. Hell the first iteration of it didn't even have any flames it was just a POS ordinary staff just named. But it didn't matter, cause its about the lore and the adventure. It was always my dream to get this type of story telling into DF.

Circa and Wes Furtive like this.
  19. Sero

Sero Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Why do i keep doubting you bastards? I'll be playing during marketing campaign to boost pop for new comers. I'll see if i can drag some SB. Can't wait for economy revamp.
    --- Post updated ---
    BPG PLEASE????? This would be shaweeet. Simple model change and container check, should be eaaaaazzzzzzzyyy <33333. Nothing for nothing Little for Little Lots of Lots

I want to name a mob... Have multiple winners for the upcoming contest ^.^

Myater and Wes Furtive like this.
  20. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

Just the tip...

Fengor likes this.