Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Deployable Player Vendors - Initial Discussion

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by MWTaylor, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Slayven

Slayven Black Knight
    Legend

They want u to travel
    --- Post updated ---
    It has a ui now for searching

2. Slave Labor

Slave Labor Goblin Scout

Can we get mobile vendors that travel between two or more points?

3. onslaught

onslaught Frostjarl

Probably not. Axilmar said that roaming mobs is not possible with current Darkfall tech, so I am assuming that isn't possible as well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Dagon Raysler

Dagon Raysler Goblin Warrior
    Legend

For advertisment, maybe each tile has a bulletin board, located someplace easy to access and in a lawful area, when clicked on have it open a listing of all available vendors on that tile with a breif description of wares and general location or coords. Could re-purpose the Task systems "book" interface.

5. Shivs

Shivs Goblin Warlord

If that was there intention, they could leave them as house vendors and save a lot of development and get on with something else, letting them being deployable in NPC cities, removes the travel requirement that they originally had in DF1

6. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

what i REALLY want to know is

whats the point of deployable vendors tho?

these genuinely just seem like a waste of dev time to me

7. purplehays1

purplehays1 Goblin Scout

I agree completely, unless they come with a method of getting to sanguine easily they r 100% a waste of dev time.

8. Dagon Raysler

Dagon Raysler Goblin Warrior
    Legend

The purpose of Deployable vedors?
    Not everyone has a house & house vendor. In fact most players do not. They are trying to open up more of the game to casual (ish) players and smaller (less zergish) clan.
    With only so many vendors per area, Sang will not be the only game around. Outskirt cities can service players with -200 alignment , as not every player has an ALT parked in Sang. or a blue clanmate that can always drop what they are doing to middleman a trade. The idea is not a waste of DEV time, it is seeing the needs of the long (er) game. The execution of the idea.....we will see.

Skelly likes this.
  9. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Windlord
    Legend

like a market?
    dfuw had it :p

10. onslaught

onslaught Frostjarl

Sounds like a LOT of running around and running around is boring.

11. Shivs

Shivs Goblin Warlord

don't want to pick your thoughts apart, but think on it, you want 40 q4 venom, are you going to run around 300 vendors spread around the world with your gold checking the inventory ?

I think your more likely to head to a trade area and pray for a web site telling you what vendor to go to or trade chat spam.

Yes ones in clan cities will make orders for gear and clan shops easier than trying to sell from the clan banks.

Yes, you may see a set of vendors in a popular chaos city to cater for the few unclanned reds, if a major trader thinks it will be profitable, maybe ?

12. Zoop Keep

Zoop Keep New Member

Racial city's need to be the spot where the placeble vendors should be placed, new players would develop faster if they had acces to affordable weapons and armor they can use in the first few days of exploring and skilling up in the game.

More village vendors is no solution at all, the trade vendors are 2 dangerous for some players if the value is high etc etc.

Neilk and Skelly like this.
  13. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Frostjarl
    Legend

To place objects in a NPC so that other players can obtain these objects in exchange for currency.

Also to create inflation and encourage anti social behavior, I approve!

Now we just have to pet BPG into submission until they take a few wacks at the party system!

At very least they could remove all the damage on the Ember Grenada so we can spam that stuff at San for a party

14. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Warrior

Nobody wants to travel to trade
    Nobody wants to force to have a trade alt to trade
    Nobody wants to browse through 200 player vendors to find what they want.

just scrap this whole idea and put in an Auction House already. Problems solved.

Inkarnation and onslaught like this.
  15. NonFactor

NonFactor Cairn Giant
    Legend

i honestly prefer a auction house.

16. rikilii

rikilii Gravelord

However you do this, you have to make sure that these vendors don't essentially become long term, indestructible strongboxes. To be honest, unless you limit them to being placed within a few hundred meters of a bank, I don't see how you do it.

I'd hate to see the area around every golem spawn turn into a shanty town.

17. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

The current thought is to require the use of a bank to "package" items before you can place it up for sale. You open your bank and while the item is still in your bank you right click -> package for sale. The packaged item takes up the same amount of space as the original item, but cannot be used. You walk the item over to the vendor and place it for sale.

18. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Skeleton Archer

There needs to be a neutral zone to where everyone can go to (even reds) just for trading. Attacking people is not allowed and you cannot craft there. I'm thinking of a Sea Dogs Rest type deal (little city like area where everyone went to trade in Shadowbane). Just a few banks (so its not super crowed) and a huge area for people to throw down their player vendors or /trade if they want to. Just add another icon like the bindstone recall and capital recall with a Trade City Recall, and let be on some type of timer like the other 2. Can't go wrong with a central hub for everyone to go to trade.

19. Mycke

Mycke Black Knight

I have two questions...

1. Why are vendors better than a market place for major cities? Is it because the base code is already there?
    2. Since vendors already exist, why is it taking so long to get them in?

I personally think if you are just going vendors 'for now' with actual markets down the line. I would just get them in game to fill the void and to be used for out of the way places and then work on a cleaner market for each capital city. I believe this because if one of the goals of vendors is to help newer players have access to mats and gear, then vendors really don't solve the problem being a bit messy with each seller having their own stall still makes it very unstreamlined. I really don't think its worth putting a lot of effort into a complex and messy vendor system and instead that time would be better spent on an intuitive market place system.

20. kilrain

kilrain Eodrin
    Developer

1.1 I can't answer fully as I wasn't a part of this particular discussion. Hopefully someone who was will be able to chime in and answer this.
    1.2 No, they are being written from scratch.
    2. Because it's different. See 1.2

Mycke likes this.