Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

bunnyhopping lessons

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by MagneticMan, Mar 11, 2017.

1. MagneticMan

MagneticMan Dire Zombie

this is an old video I made for some people that needed help with learning how to survive/bunnyhop and knowing what to do an extremely outnumbered odds, no matter the odds, in darkfall, you can get away.

give any advice any of you vets might think new players need to know
    --- Post updated ---

Grimtide likes this.
  2. Myater

Myater Black Knight
    Hero

Back when there were a ton of people who had no clue what they were doing. Currently you can't really do this (you would have died in the WoF's at the beginning lol) as the people playing are much better than they were back then. Plus, you take like 8-12ish more dmg because of some bug ( https://www.forums.darkfallriseofag...-in-roa-beta-is-completely-off-from-dfo.9240/ ). The basics are fine as you cast spell reflect alot and don't take it off yourself with shrapnel like some dumb dumbs do. Then the general bunny hopping which people just need to learn how to do. If you wanna make a better tutorial, it needs text or voice over explaining how far to put your begone for it to be the best for either speed, less fall dmg, both, etc. You'd also need multiple races explaining how to do this in the water to newer players. Only if that's what you're looking to do.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Biceps, Circa and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  3. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

I agree with this, you'd need to do something with commentary on WHY you place things where you do, either for less damage or the max hop you can get, and you'd need to show each race, as each one is different with where to shoot the spells in order to get the best hops. Water hopping is also completely different for each race and should be a separate portion. Battle spike hoping is something that should be included as well as how to hop as a destroyer (cuz thats a thing)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Lucan

Lucan Akathar
    Hero

This wasnt a bunnyhopping lesson video.. this was just you showing you were better then people. Doesnt belong in this section

5. MagneticMan

MagneticMan Dire Zombie

I've taught alot of people that are top tier now, and good in general, and the best advice I've ever given to people is, watch a video, goodplays, and learn from the clips/mimick the movement, what to look out for, get inside a different players mind, I don't feel I need to add commentary on what to do where and shit, it should be self explanatory when you watch a video, just learn off the footage you see and mix your playstyle up, it's what I did to get good, mix my playstyle with everyone that made videos.
    --- Post updated ---
    keep in mind, this game is not about classes, it's not about what spells beat what, it's about playstyle vs playstyle, nobody is the best, everyone has someone out there that can beat them, best advice is to have a very mixed, diverse and unpredictable playstyle.

Pink Taco and Nightmare UDL like this.
  6. Gotja

Gotja Celestial
    Legend

wow great guide 10/10 made me the player im today

tech, Fengor, Hook and 1 other person like this.