Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Biggest df blunder

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Mc Nasty, Mar 29, 2016.

1. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

Nobody likes a one-upper.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

as you scream for attention....

3. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

about what exactly?

4. koruun

koruun Crypt Guard

What does aged entail? Sorry, never played UW and I don't remember this from DF :/

Incanuth Archbane likes this.
  5. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

Soft wipe.
    --- Post updated ---
    you know what i mean mullet boy

koruun likes this.
  6. Franchise

Franchise Earth Elemental
    Supporter

What is this lie? The fight you're referencing was outside of skogul, I used magnetic's Sun Bow and you died in 10 second's. You lost all your gold.

7. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Frostjarl
    Legend

The biggest blunder in Darkfall....

Launching an NA Server for DF1

Making UW for UW

Selling DF1 code to two different companies for DF 2017

Kwatos and Drago like this.
  8. Animal

Animal Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

We would be able to remove the "Launching an NA Server for DF1" if AV had the foresight to understand the benefits of an east coast server earlier. :(

9. BeatIt

BeatIt Frostjarl
    Legend

hahahahhaha UW gold

10. Sintan

Sintan Winterbound
    Legend

a year later (since op). still not affected

Kwatos likes this.
  11. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Deadeye
    Hero

I have so many between the two previous game versions I will try and just pick one from each.

DFO - "befriended" Fspy

DFUW - I was with Moist living out of Alberworth at the time and decided to ride over to an alliance holding late one night. The alliance city was a mess. I decided to repair a cpl zap towers and some walls. It was pretty late, around 1 or 2am for me. I ran out of repair shards as 2 very nice pirate somebody guys came strolling through the wrecked city. One offered to help me repair walls, just wanted a hammer and some repair shards. I handed what I had over and then needed to go make some more. I took my entire crafting bag out of the bank and started the long waddle from hell to the workbench. Turns out nice pirate guys were not so nice. Also not allied. LOL I was dead pretty damn quick and back in Alberworth wondering wtf just happened before I took 2 steps away from the bank. I sent passive aggressive rage tells, not even going to try and play it off like I did not. Was more mad at myself then anything. I still do not know why the zap towers did not go off, I had repaired the ones that needed it before starting on the walls. Pretty sure I did not log in for a few days afterwards while I cooled off.

Kudos to you pirate guys, I hope you are playing RoA. :) You got me good for which I most definitely deserved it.

M ~

Kwatos and Slayven like this.
  12. sup

sup Goblin Warlord
    Legend

This is the Dominion guy, right? I was a brand new player and joined his guild. We got raided and I put on my best gear bag I could and tried to fight. Got shit on instantly and he went off on me for like 20 minutes in-front of 30+ people. I knew basically nothing about Darkfall. Ended up telling him to fuck off, left the guild, got decent, smashed him repeatedly and talked tons of shit to him. Ahh Darkfall. :p

Kwatos and Slayven like this.
  13. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Deadeye
    Hero

That all sounds about right. lol I will fess up and admit that these days he is one of my more good "gaming" friends. I can say with full confidence that SpySpy has matured a whole lot since DFO days.

14. sup

sup Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I think we all have...well most of us. :)

Kwatos likes this.
  15. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Hero

Biggest DFO mistake.... thinking I ever knew what was up. Trying to take the moral high rode, and not macro. Always 10 steps behind.

Kwatos likes this.
  16. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Windlord
    Legend

AV spawning zeplins, then forgetting how many they spawned so 2 stayed in game

the tears about that event... i can still taste the salt today :)

Kwatos likes this.
  17. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Bpg for not buying UW. That game would appeal to more if they changed it to be more like dfo with increased graphics, reduced map size, linked marketplace, global chat, a better map system, no broken allignmemt system, build diversity, gear that matters

My hand hurts from thinking

Slayven, The Cannibal and Cagori Rei like this.
  18. MikeJT

MikeJT Spellgazer
    Supporter

Not just not buying UW. Not buying the entire Darkfall IP.

I'd still like to see their contract and if they put a non-compete clause in there. I'd hate to think BPG's hard work was undone by Aventurine re-releasing the game with a bigger budget and a bigger dev tearm after BPG figures out what works and brings in players.
    --- Post updated ---
    Gratz on not being a total douche.

I can name a few people that exploited their toons up this time around it's amazing how open people are if you throw a few heals on them in game and chat with them in TS for 20 minutes.

Mea Kulpa and Kwatos like this.
  19. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Warrior

So many in DFO....
    In no particular order:

1. Edyran(sp?) getting drunk(which I think was all the time) and putting on full dragon set with a back up dragon set(I guess he thought it might break) to defend one of our Ruby holdings and had ships on him....just in case. After he died I guess they talked shit to him and thanked him for the gear and the 2 ships he had on him....so he told them he was coming back after them with more ships on him and he ended up getting jumped and lost them as well. 1a: Edyran posting a youtube video of him letting someone knock him out with a slap.
    2. We were robe raiding Alberworth while we were living out of Gulghat. Lady Lillian's clan owned Alberworth and she began sending messages to all of us about how she's training her clan to become more competitive and to make the game have more sieges and more of a population and that if we don't stop she will take our city from us. Obviously that enticed us for another robe run on the city....as one of our guys was half way to Alberworth he says in voice comms that there is a big group of guys(16 if I remember correctly) in full dragon and R70/R80 weapons heading to Gulghat. So 6 of us hopped the wall and hid behind a rock while 2 others manned the lighting cannon and the big ball firing cannon that faced north. After they crested the hill and began dismounting we launched AoEs and R90s in their stack while the cannon blasted into them(lightning cannon were hard to aim but devastating to single targets). From the first damage in system chat til the last guy was ganked was 57 seconds and we walked off with 16 siege bags, 2 dragon cannons, and a junk....and a really angry Lady Lillian explaining that if we don't return the loot we took that her clan might quit the game.
    3. Someone putting the racial ork axe and alfar polearm for sale on their vendor for 500g each and then offering me 500k if I sold them back to him.
    4. Swimming around the ice dragon area for fishermen and jumping a guy on a large raft that had a bag of 4 or 5 other ships on him....then him begging for me to sell those because they were clan ships and he wasn't suppose to use them.
    5. Living out of Hal Kali and upsetting Fspy with raids that he came out to siege us and we met him half way and killed his forces and looted his siege stones and sieged him instead.
    6. Someone buying Zen X(or one of the TM characters)account on player auctions from him and then he went to AV and got his account back from the person he sold it to...and then sold it again.
    7. Shuyin dueling someone and stopping to mine half way through the duel.
    8. Raiding tughri and one of the guys realized they had their enchanting bag on them. Another guy with us who also played with his 9 year old son in the clan asked his son if he had any good gear on him and he said no...so as the Tughrian defenders were pouring over the wall the father downed his son's mount and told him to fight bravely while the 4 of us ran for it. An hour later we heard the father ask his son where his SoTL was and the son said I had it on me at Tughri.
    9. Finding a lock box on one of the islands in the chain that was south of the ice dragon location with multiple other strongboxes in it, 3 Junks, fishing nets, and dozens of dragon/infernal helms/chests from their fishing outtings and a metric ton of fish.
    10. Discovering that some forum mods had access to player's information and bringing it to Brannoc's attention only to be threatened to shut my mouth....and then eventually perma banned.

#79 Scrappy_Doo, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:21 PM
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 6:28 PM