Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Better Default Bindings

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by negocromn, May 18, 2017.

1. negocromn

negocromn Celestial
    Legend

For those that are starting, restarting or just in need of something better. Unlike the standard default bindings everything is set up to fit the actual game so the player won`t have to keep inventing and restructuring binds every time he gets a new skill or spell. Only standard and easy to access keyboard and mouse keys are used, and the general hotbar skeleton should support all playstyles and preferences with efficient and smooth keybinds (except for mounted combat, as this will have no mount lean bindings as you really need macros or additional keys for that). Lastly, it is really easy and quick to setup everything, and even easier to update bindings as the player gain new abilities or change its specialization.

BINDINGS
    [​IMG]

SET UP
    • Download and install the configuration
      • Download the input persistance file.
      • Go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\DarkfallRoA\Character.
      • Find your character folder and paste the file.
      • Make sure you know your sensitivity and set it back when logging in, as this will change it.
    • Add skills and spells to hotbar
      • Follow the model hotbar, determining the specifics according to your preferences.
      • The most important binds and the ones you'll be using almost exclusively are the pure keys, thanks to RoA's macro system. Don't be discouraged by all the shift and control binds, as they are mostly direct access options for spells you'll already have in your pure key rotation.
      • Entries with symbols at the end are rotations, put multiple of the requested spells/skills/items on the same hotbar slot, in order of importance. Set them as Cycle (©) or First Available (⋆) in the configurations.
      • Use the Cooldown Track hotbar as your active hotbar, filling it with spells and skills of your choosing.
    • DONE!
    EXAMPLE
    • COLUMN 2
    The second column is the first numbers column, featuring heal cycle, transfers, first sets of debuffs, other buffs and self buffs, plus all melee skills. The first three slots are going to be the same for everyone, but the others will vary a lot from person to person.

[​IMG]

The first slot, bound to 1, is heal cycle plus whirlwinds. Cycling mode is first available.
    [​IMG]

The second slot, bound to 2, is mana to stamina plus power attacks.
    [​IMG]

The third slot, bound to 3, health to mana plus disabling blows.
    [​IMG]

The fourth slot, bound to 4, is the first debuff cycle plus knockbacks. I currently don`t have any debuffs leveled, just have what I use in farming in this slot. Eventually though, this should become my standard PVP debuff cycle. I recommend having slows, meele protection debuffs and so on your first debuff cycle.
    [​IMG]

The fifth slot, bound to 5, is the first other buff cycle plus rage. Pretty embarrassing slot atm, as I have just one other buff (playing solo) and don`t have rage either! Recommend starting your first cycle with haste and ironskin.
    [​IMG]

The last slot, bound to 6, is the first self buff cycle. Using hasten spells and protections on this first self buff rotation. Make whatever rotation feels best for you tho.
    [​IMG]

#1 negocromn, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 7:55 PM
    Teclis, Rawr, Poisonus and 3 others like this.
  2. Stress Fracture

Stress Fracture Goblin Scout

Thank you.

That's very cool.

But I'm so confused.
    --- Post updated ---
    Where should I put Health to Mana transfer?

negocromn likes this.
  3. negocromn

negocromn Celestial
    Legend

Updated the thread with some examples man, hope it`s more clear now!

4. Stress Fracture

Stress Fracture Goblin Scout

Cool thanks, this is great. I've been playing with these since you posted it last night and well. . . . I'm actually playing the game, not feeling hindered by the controls.

5. negocromn

negocromn Celestial
    Legend

Bump.

- moved sprint and autorun toggles from lalt and ralt to , and . keys, as alt had some GUI mode problems
    - added first available markers to all weapon slots
    - added note explaining there are no mount lean bindings
    --- Post updated ---
    That's the spirit, hope you are still around man.

6. d0ggy

d0ggy New Member

What does the MOV Up / MOV Side mean?

7. negocromn

negocromn Celestial
    Legend

Movement up/side spells. So preferably Stormblast/Launch/Tele and Begone/Shrapnel in the normal X/Z slots, and things like Explosion and Come Hither somewhere as shift/ctrl X/Z.

8. o0megaZer0o

o0megaZer0o New Member

These bindings are extremely useful and i downloaded your preferences and I am currently using them.

It took me a couple days to make sure I understood the diagram correctly and have them working with the hotkeys, my mouse doesn't have extra buttons on it so I had to do a little remapping for the action buttons.

The only thing I could say about this is it would be great if you made a video with this same information. It would be nice to hear some things vocally, or to see your setup in action.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Omega

negocromn likes this.
  9. negocromn

negocromn Celestial
    Legend

Awesome man!

And I'll think about the video thing, I'm too much of a sperglord to do it I guess but maybe, it would indeed make things quicker to understand.

10. Killa162

Killa162 Goblin Scout

My problem is still understanding the diagram. Being completely new to the game. If with the extra pictures you added. Still don't necessarily help me to understand it.
    The color coding you did, isn't explained or idk what the meaning of that was for.
    Some abrv. I have no idea what they are. Xheal = Targeted heal for a friendly? Melee 1-3, Ranged 1-3 = Weapon keybinds?
    And personally how can you still move/run when you go to use a pot, or better yet a shift modifier pot. That's some fancy finger work. Unless your telling me you toggle autorun, and then use the function keys, which still is a lot of key strokes to get off a successful potion.

Currently use: Grave ( ` or Tilda), Tab, and Caps. For all my weapons keybinds. Shift-Tab, and Ctrl-Caps, are the only modifier weapon swaps I have. And on another post that you commented on that I made was about having individual bars for each weapon WHEN I swap to it. Which has been really nice. The only problem/worry I have with this setup is that it seems like a lot of binds, and modifier binds.

Personally for me maybe to rethink my ways of what I just learned, when you set it up like you have. When you hit a Ray bind for example, or a Disabling blow. Does it automatically pull out the weapon that's needed and queue up the ability for next use? OR is this setup only for hitting the weapon swap, then hit the keybind that's relative to what you want to perform with whatever kind of weapon you're holding? I just need a little more clarification. Trying to find that one GOD tier setup, or a mix of a good setup with a twist of my own to make it comfortable.

Because I'm not sure with how I changed my bindings now, it's that's leaving me open to really bad layout or not. Had a thought process of having one hotbar for each weapon/style. I.E. Staff has, healing/transfers, dmg/nukes, utility/movement, and lastly buffs. So buffs and movement could fit one one hotbar, nukes/dmg/debuffs could go on another, and heals/transfers on another. And by doing that, I'd bind the same stuff 3 different ways to get the 3 different bars to show up. But all 3 bars have the exact same 10 keybindings (1-5, Q, E, F(potentially, I haven't thought of a 5th keybind yet that I like, that doesn't interfere with too many defaults), M4, and M5. But since how you have stuff layered and some stuff in cycles, idk if I could do that on my setup and be fine still, or if my setup is shit and complicated. Like I don't know. I never had to deal with a game that had multiple weapons to use at once, then have keybinds on top of that. I almost feel overwhelmed and not sure on what's a comfortable and functional setup.