Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Avast detects lobby as virus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anjori, Apr 21, 2017.

1. anjori

anjori New Member
    Supporter

My avast antivirus is blocking the download of the new lobby. Avast is reporting it as an Win32:MdeClass infection. This, plus the fact that the lobby has to be ran as an administrator in order for it to even work has me concerned. Any explanation?

[​IMG] [/IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Seems a few people had a couple problems with their anti virus/firewall for those who still use it. Running as admin is a given, you should do it with any game/comms etc that you run. Actually a lot of issues are solved simply by running things as admin. Either mark the game as safe if you have the ability to do it or just disable your avast for the time being.

Fengor likes this.
  3. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

My guess would be a false positive flag on the client because it has not been downloaded by a large enough group of people using Avast to claim it as 100% safe. I can assure you there is nothing malicious about he game/files

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Hero

I found a program resembling a large wooden horse and got a weird message that said "Bloodscar was here". After that some of my cooking recipes went missing.

5. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Avast is shit. Uninstall, turn on windows defender, and you will have no issues. It's that simple.