Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

A few suggestions.

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Mephilic, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Mephilic

Mephilic Goblin Scout

Hello me and my family members have been playing this game for about 10 days now and I've noticed a few things that seemed to be lacking that most standard games would have as well as random bugs and quality of life suggestions. Anything suggested here will be more about these things rather than actual game play suggestions.

1. Re adjustable UI Text [Size] (To help with those who have poor vision or even people who just play at high resolutions)

. Color Blind Mode

. Annoying License agreement [Perhaps less intrusive? Although such a thing is very minor]

. Server side banking/Backpacks. [Currently item positions are client side and can cause issues with switching between PCs and reinstalling.]

. The forums cannot be accessed from the game lobby. [Although could be a issue with my pc]

. Loading screen tips or rather more of them or possibly multiple at a time.

. The ability to trade items directly from bank rather than being forced to withdraw from bank and then trade.

. Redoing the hotkey system to make it a little more usual friendly and less tedius. Helping to remove the need for 3rd part programs. [I have noticed a few nice features though with the spell cycling. Definitely a step in the right direction.]

. More information on where to find crafting reagents perhaps more information on the wiki and perhaps a way to search from the map in game to show which spawns drop it.

. Perhaps some fixes for load lag if the engine even allows that.

. A game trial system something like a 1 week trial?

. Youtube video patch notes. [This could be done by a member of the community as well although I feel like it's a easy place to check the notes and get a better idea of where this game is heading and the progress that has been made. I've seen this successful on quite a few games as well.]

. Getting on the steam store. [considering it is the main marketplace for PC gaming that might be a good idea although it would be understandable if you guys are focusing on improving the game before marketing to a fresh new market of players.]

. Animations while harvesting sometimes glitch out while eating food.

. Hyperthreading and multicore support. [The old Darkfall seems to have had that issue from what I saw this still seems to be a issue. If not please correct me.]

16. Easier Bank organization, such as resource bags. [Bags that can be toggled to hold the resources directly into the bag when dropped into the bank instead of keeping the bank a unorganized clutter.]

. Dye Tubs to dye armor and clothing. [Maybe something similar to Ultima Online's. It could also help encourage roleplaying. My cousin was telling me that's been a asked for feature since the original Darkfall.]

18. City resource taxing. [So guilds can automatically withdrawal a set percentage of of the resources harvested in their towns by their guildmates/allies.]

. Treasure maps seem to sometimes be broken showing near the middle of the map and becoming unusable.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Mephilic, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. kilrain

kilrain Cairn Giant
    Staff Member Developer

Hi Mephilic!

Thanks for the feedback. We definitely have a long way to go with the UI and will be sure to look at scaling in the UI and fonts themselves as well as a colorblind mode as we move forward. The launcher itself also needs a lot of work, I know the eula can be annoying so we will work on that. We are considering moving the binds to the server for the reasons you posted as well as performance. The client doesn't like how xml is read, so anything we can do to improve/remove that will help immensely. I'll make a note on the tips, I'm sure there are some outdated as well. We hope to very soon completely revamp the help window and wiki to be more intuitive, useful and perform better as well. Great feedback, it is very much appreciated.

For the staff/spell issues you mentioned we have been discussing quite a few options and changes to the paperdoll and how equipping items is handled and it is our intention to do what you suggest. While some may consider it a timing/skillful thing, it is easily bypassed with scripts and overall just not intuitive to most newcomers to Rise of Agon.

I hope you and yours are enjoying your time in RoA. Thanks for the feedback, hope to hear from you again soon!

3. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Spellgazer
    Legend

I don't care what they say about you Kilrain, you're alright in my book.

4. Mephilic

Mephilic Goblin Scout

I'll try and add more stuff as me and my family plays. Pretty just updating notes and what not. I'll try to keep it organized and direct to the point lol. It's easier to find things or suggestions as they happen rather than making a list on the spot xD

Wes Furtive and kilrain like this.
  5. The Red King

The Red King Ghost
    Legend

Good stuff man! One tip for you to make it easier reading on us, use that enter key every few sentences! Welcome to Darkfall!

6. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If ur just old and blind no font size is going to work trust me from experience..

Welcome to the game big dog

#6 Slayven, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. Korag

Korag Shadow Knight
    Hero

hrmm I am not a great player or even remotely close but I have a fairly simple bind setup and have no 3rd party what so ever nor have I seen a need. If ya look more into/learn more about the current system for bind you'll see that it is even better than first glance would tell ya.
    I never switch bars and all but a couple binds (ones I do not use often) are within easy reach for quick reaction, now if only my mind and eyes could keep up with it and I could form some kind decent aim I might actually not suck.

Slayven likes this.
  8. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It’s what keeps us coming back..darkfall was not meant for old people but it’s fun trying.

9. Korag

Korag Shadow Knight
    Hero

who you calling old

Slayven likes this.
  10. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

#4 definitely sucks. I called it "The Hand of Tasos" when he reaches into your bank and jumbles everything.

Korag likes this.